Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think it would be nice to see a "welcome to miami" sign that would cross over I-95.Steel posts on each side of the interstate woulld hold up the banner(sign) and have neon lights to illuminate it at night.Ive seen these signs in Orlando and Jacksonville.Any thoughts on this? Its like you don't know you're in Miami,until you get to the Miami Gardens Drive exit if you're from out of town.

·
Banned
579 Posts
I think it would be nice to see a "welcome to miami" sign that would cross over I-95.Steel posts on each side of the interstate woulld hold up the banner(sign) and have neon lights to illuminate it at night.Ive seen these signs in Orlando and Jacksonville.Any thoughts on this?
they have a welcome "miami beach" sign, and in the airport they also have a welcome to miami sign

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Ive seen a huge Miami sign in both Bad boys and transporter 2 (i think) movies but i dont know if they are really there when they show it on the movie its somewhere by the airport.

·
Banned
73 Posts
Andyxox; said:
I'll pass
Or, even better, a bilingual sign. All of the signs in the airport are quad-lingual with English, Spanish, French, and one other language that I don't know what it is. The sign could say "Welcome to Miami" and then below it in smaller letters "Bienvenidos a Miami". I like the idea of a sign though and think it should be on the road leaving the airport.

·
Just another user
376 Posts
Or, even better, a bilingual sign. All of the signs in the airport are quad-lingual with English, Spanish, French, and one other language that I don't know what it is. The sign could say "Welcome to Miami" and then below it in smaller letters "Bienvenidos a Miami". I like the idea of a sign though and think it should be on the road leaving the airport.
That Idea I like, just not the spanish-only sign. That would just be another way to enforce the stereotype that everyone in Miami only speaks English. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the other language is Creole?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think we should put it on Interstate- 95 where the Dade-Broward county line meets or wherever Miami's city limits begin on I-95.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
you know... whenever i'm in orlando visiting relatives, there's a part of I-4 east of the turnpike that has an overpass with the sides of it saying "Orlando".

that said, i have always envisioned with the submerging of I-395 something like this to go on the sides of one of the many streets that will cross over the highway.

·
Banned
579 Posts
k i think this thread is stupid!!!!, people big cities don't need a welcome sign, were is new york or LA's welcome sign i dont see them, only small and medium cities need them, to remind people were they are, when u arrive at miami's international airport they say "welcome to miami" or
'bienvenidos a miami"

think about it, why say "welcome to miami" when the tourists know they are in miami.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
k i think this thread is stupid!!!!, people big cities don't need a welcome sign, were is new york or LA's welcome sign i dont see them, only small and medium cities need them, to remind people were they are, when u arrive at miami's international airport they say "welcome to miami" or
'bienvenidos a miami"

think about it, why say "welcome to miami" when the tourists know they are in miami.
It's not ABOUT the Miami...It's about the WELCOME

It's a sign of brotherhood...of inclusion and appreciation for the effort it took for them to come to our Magnificent place on the planet! And that we want to share it with you.

There are welcome signs all over NY, none particularly memorable.

·
Registered
427 Posts
no buddy, new york city does not have a SIGN saying "welcome to "new york city" the statue of liberty is not a sign.
Kevin, I'm not trying to be an ass, but do you have any understanding of the Statue of Liberty, the fact that it was the symbol of the gateway to New York, to America.
Wikipedia said:
Liberty Enlightening the World, known more commonly as the Statue of Liberty, is a large statue that was presented to the United States by France in 1886, standing at Liberty Island, New York in the mouth of the Hudson River in New York Harbor as a welcome to all visitors, immigrants, and returning Americans. The copper-clad statue, dedicated on October 28, 1886, commemorates the centennial of the United States and is a gesture of friendship from France to America.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts