SkyscraperCity banner

721 - 740 of 772 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
as I drove past it seems the brickwork is around 80% complete now. once all the building material and scaffolding is removed it will definitely be one of those buildings cities have, to show you what the city has to offer when you arrive.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
as I drove past it seems the brickwork is around 80% complete now. once all the building material and scaffolding is removed it will definitely be one of those buildings cities have, to show you what the city has to offer when you arrive.
I have no idea what this means but it sounds positive?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have no idea what this means but it sounds positive?
it's like how York has its brick walls as you enter to show you it is a historical city, this building shows that Leeds doesn't have the fancy 200+m glass buildings it has brown bricks with victorian style buildings.

·
Registered
609 Posts
it's like how York has its brick walls as you enter to show you it is a historical city, this building shows that Leeds doesn't have the fancy 200+m glass buildings it has brown bricks with victorian style buildings.
But this isn’t a Victorian-style building.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Ha - not sure it has - but think I have the same feeling with the Mustard Wharf development. Guess we maybe all have our own personal bug bear developments.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
The planning for this went in 4 years ago ( Sep 16 ) so it’s been around a while to be fair, as has Mustard Wharf.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Most things seem to drag on for years in Leeds. I think we are all just too impatient. though especially when work starts.
I might be the exception but I get more impatient and excited through the planning phases. As soon as spades are in the ground my excitement moves to another project. I tend to check the construction threads less and less the the closer something gets to finishing.

·
Registered
29,807 Posts
I agree that it feels too stumpy but the cladding is high quality at least. It reminds me of West Point if it were brick and not terracotta panels.

721 - 740 of 772 Posts