SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wenzhou rapid transit is a railway system under construction in the city of Wenzhou, Zhejiang province, China.

4 commuter rails are planned, 2 of them to be constructed before the metro system. A metro system of which 3 lines are planned.

S1 has 21 stations, length is 51.9 km, began construction November 11, 2011. Planned to be operational in 2014.

S2 is planned to start construction in 2012.

·
The Explorer
5,130 Posts
^^ How many kilometers the metro system/subway can cover Wenzhou city and its suburban areas?

·
18,207 Posts
Today:

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/...ew/wenzhou-suburban-emu-contract-awarded.html

Wenzhou suburban EMU contract awarded
26 Feb 2014

CHINA: CSR Sifang has beaten five rival domestic bids to win a contract to supply 32 four-car suburban electric multiple-units for the future Line S1 in Wenzhou.

The 52 km east-west line will link the city centre with Oujiangkou New District. The first EMU is scheduled to be delivered in November 2014, for testing ahead of the opening of the first phase in March 2017.

The 25 kV AC EMUs will have two motor and two trailer cars, and be designed to offer a high capacity, rapid acceleration and braking and a maximum speed of 140 km/h. According to the manufacturer, up to 90% of the components will be domestically produced.

·
18,207 Posts
From Metro Report

http://www.metro-report.com/news/ne...view/crrc-rolls-out-wenzhou-commuter-emu.html

CRRC rolls out Wenzhou commuter EMU
05 Apr 2017

CHINA: CRRC Qingdao Sifang rolled out its first electric multiple-unit for Wenzhou Line S1 on March 31. The four-car EMU is the first of 32 being built under a contract awarded in 2014.

Based on a Type A metro train design, the EMU features a level of comfort more appropriate for longer journeys, according to CRRC. At 3·3 m high, it is 300 mm higher than a metro train, and has a maximum speed of 140 km/h. It has a capacity of 1 328 passengers, with four sets of 1 300 mm wide double doors per car for rapid boarding and alighting

·
3,503 Posts
First suburban line opens in Wenzhou
The first phase of suburban Line S1 in Wenzhou opened on January 23. The 34·8 km route runs from Tongling to Olympic Centre, serving 12 stations; three more stations are still to open.

The National Development & Reform Commission approved the line in September 2012, and construction was partly privately financed. Test running started in October 2018.

Most of the line is elevated, with Tongling station at-grade and Olympic Centre station underground. The end-to-end journey time is 50 min.
Services operate with a fleet of 32 four-car Type D electric multiple-units supplied by CRRC Qingdao Sifang under a contract awarded in 2014. The 120 km/h EMUs are 3 300 mm wide with capacity for 1 328 passengers including 192 seated. They are stabled at a depot near Tongling.

An 18·7 km eastern extension is under construction. This would add six stations between Olympic Centre and Shuang’ou Avenue via Wenzhou Longwan International Airport. In the longer term, a third phase will bring Line S1 to 77 km with 28 stations.

A second suburban line is also under construction. Line S2 will eventually be 71·7 km long.

https://www.metro-report.com/news/news-by-region/china/single-view/view/first-suburban-line-opens-in-wenzhou.html?sword_list[]=china&no_cache=1

·
Leudimin
No 41, not good
8,964 Posts
The second grand metro opening of the year, and we still have to end the first month. In fact we still have to change Chinese years. S1 is more of a commuter rail line than of a metro. Data about the line has already been provided in the quoted news item (however Wikipedia put its length at 34.4 km), the three unopened stations are Xiuyu, Wenzhou Huochezhan (i.e. railway station) and Wenchang.

Type D trains? That is news for me, I thought they were to use mainline trains, specifically CRH 6. I wonder how they compare to the other types. Are they even smaller than type C?

·
3,201 Posts
Type D trains? That is news for me, I thought they were to use mainline trains, specifically CRH 6. I wonder how they compare to the other types. Are they even smaller than type C?
They are based off the CRH6 platform, essentially they are mainline trains customized for a metro environment. Train cars are 22m long and are 3.2 to 3.3 meters wide. Meaning a Type D car is higher capacity than a Type A car if the seating arrangement is all longitudinal. Guangzhou Metro Line 18/22, Chengdu Metro Lines 17, 18 and 19, Beijing Subway Airport and Pinggu Lines are confirmed to use them.

·
PC LOAD LETTER
7,667 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts