Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New thread for this scheme as it should be starting anytime now.

Renders

New Divisional HQ for City and Holbeck

Facilities

Total internal gross floor area of approximately 12,500m2, including:

Office accommodation
A 40 cell custody suite

Parking facilities for approximately 416 vehicles including:

Operational vehicles
Staff vehicles including accessible bays
Visitors vehicles including accessible bays

Other external facilities to include:

Refuse compound
Fuel tank/pump/bunkered fuel

Massing

The Site

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
Decent enough proposal for the old Greyhound stadium site which has been used for nothing other than car parking for decades. Personally I would have rather had this new Police Station (which I believe is replacing Millgarth and Holbeck police stations) somewhere more central such as along Regent Street, Roseville Road or Holbeck Urban Village although I wouldn't imagine potential speculative developers of apartments liking that if that were to be the case. I take it Bridewell Police station by the courts will remain open to serve the city centre?

So are there many pics of the old Greyhound Stadium, was it just known as presumably either Leeds Greyhound Stadium or Elland Road Greyhound Stadium, what capacity did it have and when and when and why did it close down?

·
B*tch
15,122 Posts
Looks pretty good to me for a low rise police headquarters. I agree with Val I'd prefer it more central though, but that's up to WY Police I suppose.

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Hadn't realised how huge this is going to be! Thought they'd be taking one corner of that plot not filling the whole thing!... Will certainly smarten up the streetscape in the area, especially with the possible ice arena to be built across the road...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
The hordings have been up for at least a week but when I drove past then there seemed little activity. The site has been completely cleared though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Its a shame the track was closed and demolished for nothing. The dogs seems to be a popular night out these days. I went to Kinsley recently and it was heaving, but we don't have a track anywhere near leeds

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had a look here for the first time to see what was happening and it is quite a big site. Anyway there are blue hoardings all the way around and a lot of eathmoving plant and site cabins. Not much to actually see other than big piles of earth but they have made a significant start on reducing what was a big mound down to the necessary levels.

·
6,974 Posts
Thanks for the photos tigerman, much appreciated (again).

Great to see something new and fairly big getting built (apart from Trinity and the Arena), progress being made, and the first new tower crane in a long time!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts