Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that we have a Light Rail thread but issues like Inner West, CBD and Eastern Suburbs are getting so much attention that IMO they deserve their own threads as the activity justifies it :) Also, if anyone else is like me, they may not find all Light Rail projects as interesting as each other and only want to view certain ones. Therefore, I thought I should open this thread for all further discussions and information sharing on Western Sydney's Light Rail potential project :)

·
Registered
772 Posts
All light rail is interesting
All rail is interesting
All transport is interesting

You may not belong in this forum if you don't think all forms of transport are interesting.

Even buses.

·
baby whinger
1,965 Posts
Why? This thread is very legitimate and there has been a lot of media talk in recent months. Also the $400 Million should trigger some news...
Sydney already has 8 threads in the Transport subforum. There exists a Sydney thread for each major mode or network. This includes a Sydney: Light Rail thread.

It does not need another, and we've been through this already.

·
Perpetual Bohemian
4,018 Posts
Why? This thread is very legitimate and there has been a lot of media talk in recent months. Also the $400 Million should trigger some news...
There was a recent discussion about this on the Sydney light rail thread and the general outcome was to leave the subject within one thread for the time-being. Maybe as the various projects become more concrete there will be more justification for separate threads imho. That's probably a fair way off for western Sydney. :)

·
Authorised Replicant
1,559 Posts
Can we pls have a thread for each light rail station in Sydney? **** them Melbourne and Brisbanites they can combine their shit into a single thread

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
Its the thread I've been waiting my whole life for.
You know, this has prompted me to defend Kontaveit. At least partly.

If the only objective criteria is readability then it doesn't really matter if Sydney has more than its share of threads, or not. Its not like the Transport section has a thousand pages of threads anyhow. If anything its a bit too minimalist. For instance if it were my board I'd have no problem with the Pacific Highway being split out into separate threads for separate sections. And this would aid in its readability.

Now there's not much happening in either the CBD light rail or the Parramatta one. Its all just planning. However, when the CBD and south east light rail does go into construction mode the thread is going to take off. And it will become hard to page through and find stuff on the Parramatta one. That's possibly a good time to start a new thread.

Right now its not so important. Though I will admit to once or twice looking for info on the Parramatta light rail and having to click through several pages to find it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.