SkyscraperCity Forum banner
121 - 140 of 151 Posts
Discussion starter · #121 ·
Just popped in now, top floor dining not open yet but the bulk of the new bit is - it's very nice but doesn't seem all that big yet, I guess there must be a lot more coming in the old bit.
A very attractive facing to the exterior of the car park is being installed. Looks great.

Having experienced a number of malls in Sydney (including some of the big Westfield's) and Tokyo lately, I was honestly expecting to be underwhelmed. But to my surprise, I thought this actually compared quite well. And that's without the features i'm looking forward to most (rooftop dining, gourmet market, the water feature lol).

Looks like they've started filling up the water feature in preparation for the opening of the rooftop precinct next Thursday I believe. Much brighter inside too.

The redeveloped foodcourt (which opened last Thursday) in the old part of the mall looks pretty good too.

Stage 3 opened on Thursday 21 November 2019 with approximately 50 new stores, anchored by Countdown and Auckland's first David Jones.

I'm quite impressed by the design. Whereas department stores have been stuck in the mud for decades, Westfield has effectively transformed its product from a stock standard 9-5 suburban shopping mall.

I think Rooftop on Broadway is their best designed restaurant precinct yet, and the inclusion of plants, water and a children's playground make from an enjoyable experience.

The new third floor at 277 is also well designed. It seemed quite strange at first that Countdown is located on the top floor, but it has quick access to the carpark and will no doubt allow Westfield to charge premium rents for the luxury precinct that will be delivered on the first floor in 2020.

WESTFIELD MALL | Mortimer Pass & Broadway, Newmarket | Under Construction

Excellent design and nice variety of shops and eateries.

Love the Asian precinct around Countdown.

They’ve also put in a good effort into the external appearance of the buildings.

121 - 140 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.