SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious about the ownership of these two entities. Does anyone know if they are 100% Kenyan owned ? I went to Nakumat at the Junction and was really impressed considering I'm from that old boring called Bongoland where everything is substandard.

I hope mtaweza nifungua macho nikajua zaidi.

·
Veteran
3,369 Posts
I'm curious about the ownership of these two entities. Does anyone know if they are 100% Kenyan owned ? I went to Nakumat at the Junction and was really impressed considering I'm from that old boring called Bongoland where everything is substandard.

I hope mtaweza nifungua macho nikajua zaidi.
Nakumatt is a wholly Kenyan, privately held company, owned by the Atul Shah Family and Hotnet Limited.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakumatt

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
I don't know who owns the Mall itself, but i doubt nakumatt owns the mall.They are most likely tenants.You can visit the site and see if you will get more info.
http://www.westgate.co.ke/#
I can bet the mall is owned by some investment group made up of some wealthy local individuals. Nakumatt only rents space as the main tenant. Most of the other tenants are under another Kenyan franchise company called Deacons.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok I think this has been built by WESTFIELD GROUP of Australia that built the new WESTFIELD Mall in Stratford, London

....at least that's my assumption since they seem to be very ellusive

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
ok I think this has been built by WESTFIELD GROUP of Australia that built the new WESTFIELD Mall in Stratford, London

....at least that's my assumption since they seem to be very ellusive
I tried getting a list of malls owned by the Westfield group. I know my source is questionable but its the best I could get so far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Westfield_Group_shopping_centres

Being an Australian company, one would expect the first mall it invests in on the continent would be in South Africa not Kenya. I also failed to get any link with the company to Westgate. Also note, all their malls have a Westfield title. I hope you can provide a link substantiating your claim. I'd really appreciate that. :)

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
But what was the main reason to know who owns it?

I think there can be businesses owned by foreigners in most countries and so i'm a bit curious to know why you have to find the people who own the place rather than appreciating their services.;)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But what was the main reason to know who owns it?

I think there can be businesses owned by foreigners in most countries and so i'm a bit curious to know why you have to find the people who own the place rather than appreciating their services.;)
To be honest I'm here for business links as well....not just appreciating pictures

1 - 11 of 11 Posts