SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are several cities that are increasing with population, structures, and better skylines. My question or to get the opinion of others is what American City can become the next NYC. Skyscraper wise a population wise. Los Angeles has had a massive rise in polulation and I was reading somewhere that it might surpass 8 miliion by 2015-2020. Also Miami is a hotspot. With cranes everywhere, it is starting to look like those Chinese cities. Any suggestions?

My picks are: 1) Miami and L.A. itself. Also San Fransico looks like a possible canidate.

·
Registered
812 Posts
warmaster08876 said:
Well what I meant is, what could be the next city with a large sum of skyrises. Number wise.
That would be Chicago. It wont equal NYC, but it will be the closest city to it.

·
make it so...
6,755 Posts
chicago definitely and perhaps miami to a lesser extent if it keeps up the current construction momentum.

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
warmaster08876 said:
Los Angeles has had a massive rise in polulation and I was reading somewhere that it might surpass 8 miliion by 2015-2020.
8 million... imagine their traffic problem then!!!

Anyways... in the number of skyscrapers, New York is going to be the highest, then Chicago, and then maybe Miami.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Azn_chi_boi said:
8 million... imagine their traffic problem then!!!

Anyways... in the number of skyscrapers, New York is going to be the highest, then Chicago, and then maybe Miami.
Maybe with those figures, the federal goverment can start giving L.A. more of its money back, to help modernize its massive transit system and build all the remaining routes! "Subway to the Sea" and the Disneland Extension.

·
Tastemaker Extraordinare
308 Posts
xzmattzx said:
what city will become the next financial, cultural, and economic capital of the world? none.

what city will become the next city with concrete canyons as far as the eye can see? i think miami and maybe even las vegas.
Philly had a chance around 1800. Chicago had a chance around 1900. LA CMSA will pass NY's (unless, NY fuses with Boston and Philly). AND LA IS FAR MORE THE CULTURAL CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!. WE CONTROL FILM< TV< MUSIC< ART PRODUCTION. NY STILL CONTROLS PUBLISHING.

IN TERMS OF MUSEUMS and SYMPHONIES and other stuff like that there are great ones all over the world.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Los Angeles surpasses 8 miilion by 2015-2020? They're not even at 4 million yet. Los Angeles is also a lot bigger in area than most cities. Where did you hear that it would pass 8 million? Does LA even have enough offices for that many people? Because downtown is pretty small and outside of downtown is mostly 1 or 2 story buildings and little bungalow houses. I don't see LA being that big in such a short time. And SILVERLAKE, LA is not the cultural capital of the world, NYC is. Ever been to Astoria, a Greek village in NYC, ever been to Little Italy, Chinatown, Spanish Harlem, Harlem, etc. You also said LA is the capital of music, film, AND art production. Music and film IS art production. NYC isn't just about publishing, we have singers like 50 Cent, rock stars, Beyonce, and I think Young Jeezy owns a place here, and more. We also have actors and actresses here. Harlem's getting a lot better and Rappers and other famous people are moving into rowhouses there.

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
what about Las Vegas?

I heard tha L.V. cannot grow as much as it wants, `cause there are restricted areas around.

So therfore, they`ll have to build skyscrapers to create space for new citizens.....

·
Banned
285 Posts
Philadelphia was the largest and most prominent city during the colonies and when the U.S. was created. Even after it became the 2nd largest in the U.S. until 1890 and 3rd until 1960, it was the nations leader in Manufacturing, Finances, etc.. The first U.S. Mint, The First U.S. Capital, The First U.S. bank, The First public school, The first Stock Exchange in the U.S., The first well you get where I'm going with this. The question is will there be a city in the U.S. to have created so much for a country than Philadelphia. Philadelphia will always be Philly and NYC will always be NY. New York is the only true U.S. global city and Philadelphia is the creator, architect and the Law of America. From Illinois to California Philadelphia financiers created states and won territory for the U.S. Once again Philadelphia will always be Philly and NYC will always be NYC every U.S. City has benefited off of these cities or they are in between these cities, a little bit of this a little bit of that.

Philadelphia is still a leader in manufacturing, etc.. Also it still produces all coinage for the East Coast. Check your wallets it you see a coin with the letter "P" stamped on front it was made in Philadelphia. Like Philadelphia Cream Cheese the standard.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.