SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum,and as a follower of the history of skyscrapers,since the late 70s-- the projects that are currently underway are just plain AWESOME.With the completion of the recent TAIPAI 101 others are soon to follow.The Burj Dubai being the Ultimate,what a building this is going to be,and what a height,even if it's been kept a secret,it will easily dwarf em all,it will set records the way my personal favorite the ESB did back in 1930.It looks like the sort of building that belongs in the backdrop of the Star Wars movies.The Shanghai World Financial Center,which I read has been back in construction, is one I think the world is anxcious to see as well,what a unique design,it looks like an upsidown tube of toothpaste with a hole at the top.,And then there's Union Square,that is definitely one for the books,and of course the unsettled Freedom Tower,still no concrete[no pun intended] finalizations yet,any others I've missed,and remember these are the supertalls :eek2: ,feel free to put them here on the furum.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Exactly my sentiments. It is as if the industry hibernated for the past three decades.

·
re re re ra ra ra
4,745 Posts
Very true, if things are this good now, imagine what the future holds...

·
Que paza!!!
2,811 Posts
Yeah, that'a what I've thinkin lately, as a skyscraper fanatic, this is my favourite *era*, and I am very happy for living it, right now there are several buildings u/c that surpase the current tallest to roof, and they are at the begining of the construction, I'm really excited!! Burj Dubai, Shanghai WFC, US-7 and more. There's even a race for the tallest residential tower, Q1, Eureka, and a lot of projects from Dubai.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts