Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's a classical revival skyscraper of begginings of the XX century (This was an own style created in Chicago at the ends of XIX) People studyed in schools the classic way of building, but they also needed more floors and the balloom frame helped them (a constructive way that separates structure enclosing).
So... the ''exacly'' type... a skyscraper of beginnings of XX century (all had the same style) or classic revival (a neo)

·
jicky jicky jicky
706 Posts
Romanesque curves, baroque eaves so I consider this Beaux Arts

·
LIBERTINED
45,346 Posts
That's a Chicago School building, no doubt. It belongs to the category of historism, as most buildings of that time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's a classical revival skyscraper of begginings of the XX century (This was an own style created in Chicago at the ends of XIX) People studyed in schools the classic way of building, but they also needed more floors and the balloom frame helped them (a constructive way that separates structure enclosing).
So... the ''exacly'' type... a skyscraper of beginnings of XX century (all had the same style) or classic revival (a neo)
Does this building consists the balloon-frame with the wood?

I agree it is a building from after chicago's worldexhibition, in beaux-arts style. But it contains steel colums i think... it was in the early period before the steelframe became really visible in the facade.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Neoclassicism sounds good. It looks like Chicago School around the 1890's- style could be near Louis Sullivan. It is classical divided in the 3 parts of a column: base - shaft- capital. It looks also like parts of the steelframe are shown in the middlezone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts