Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you hear of beaches.....china doesnt really come up......you can go to jamaica, carribeans....brazil...south africa...just to name a few....Anybody have pictures of china's beaches with people on it...do chinese like to go to beach? Show some pics thanks.

·
♥사랑해요♥
658 Posts
It is not Benidorm (Europe), it is china! :lol:

Hainan

I think chinese are not so much different than anyother people in the world about this. I've been told that in Hainan there are very good beaches and that a lot of people go there. I don't know if it is Hainan too, but there is a place in China that was called "Chinese Haiwai" by Europeans... I've got several friends from China who love the beach, and they've sent me tons of pics of them playing exactly at the same games than I do here in Spain. A really vibrant atmosphere from what I've been told and I've seen on pics.

·
Registered
25,151 Posts
As far as I know, most Chinese are not so stupid to toast their skin under the sun. It's so unhealthy! Here in Spain a lot of people get a terrible skin (spots, wrinkles, etc) due to that stupid stuff. Plus, getting a suntan every summer boosts the chances to catch skin cancer :S Any dermatologist will confirm you these statements. People just should wonder why those who spend a lot of time under the sun have their face so damaged (peasants).

Anyway, there are quite many good beaches in China. Especially in Hainan.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I've also never understood the attraction of sunbathing. I like nice quiet beaches with beautiful natural scenery. The thought of a boiling hot beach packed with bright red, almost naked, sweaty bodies is just disgusting to me!

This is not far from my idea of hell!

It's like a meat market with the meat already half cooked! :puke:

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
I've also never understood the attraction of sunbathing. I like nice quiet beaches with beautiful natural scenery. The thought of a boiling hot beach packed with bright red, almost naked, sweaty bodies is just disgusting to me!

Seriously I would not want to go to this type of beach:eek:hno:

·
500-Internal Server Error
1,525 Posts

There are 3,564 people in this pic. Please let me know if I am wrong.

·
Lord of the Ring
887 Posts
ya long bay is quite good

There is even some places worth diving into

zorg: I appreciate you being defensive against criticisms against China, but it really isn't that necessary all the time. China is not perfect, there will always be criticisms, and lot of them would be unfair -- but life is just too short for us to be defensive about every single one of them. Please relax.

·
Registered
225 Posts
zorg: I appreciate you being defensive against criticisms against China, but it really isn't that necessary all the time. China is not perfect, there will always be criticisms, and lot of them would be unfair -- but life is just too short for us to be defensive about every single one of them. Please relax.
I don't think z0rg was defending China against anything in this thread, was he? ^^

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, that's your opinion, so don't act like it's the universal truth.
well i dont think he's defending either...its annoying whnever u go to china related topics and some political shit and "typical" comments uve already heard 1 billlion times gets in the way...no wonder some of us will get pissed.

and with the criticising it's as af it's a RIGHT to go around pointing out other's "mistakes" as if it's a normal thing to do? what about ur own country? how would you feel if i do it to you as a person? are you it's mother, teacher? like what the hell..get over it..stop the disrepsect personally imo.

·
Registered
261 Posts
People in Norther Europe will have many deceases due to lack of sun shine, that is the reason why they like sun bathing when they come to Southern countries. For people living in China, having sun shine is never a problem for us.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Hainan is the only place in China that has decent beaches, but luckily Malaysia, Thailand are not too far away :eek:kay:

·
囧!
10,897 Posts
china doesnt really come up......you can go to jamaica, carribeans....brazil...
Yeah, that's where Americans go - and that's why you hear about those places.

z0rg,
I guess it rather has to do with that in China (Asia as a whole), bronzed skin isn't considered beautiful, as it does in Europe. Rather the opposite.
I don't think it has to do with Europeans being "stupid". ;)

100 years ago, or so, pale skin was an indicator of wealth in Europe as well - because it showed that you didn't work outside in the sun. Maybe the situation will change in China as well, but I highly doubt it (considering that pale skin still is the norm in developed countries such as S.Korea and Japan).

I have never been at a beach in mainland China. Yet.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts