SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Some nice hot ones, in the summer especially!

·
living off Can. welfare
74 Posts
I'd imagine that the water off the beaches near Vancouver and Toronto are cold.

Anyone know what the water's like in the beaches of Lake Erie and the Okanagan?

·
Registered
558 Posts
The ocean temps of Southern BC are relatively the same as Southern California. I go swimming in the Georgia Strait & English Bay during the summer, and you can find warm pockets that are really nice. This time of year though its way too cold.

My favourite beaches in Canada are Parlee Beach in Shediac, NB, Cavendish Beach in P.E.I. , English Bay & Wreck in Vancouver, and Long Beach in Tofino BC.

Some pics.

Long Beach - Tofino:

Cavendish PEI:

·
The Tropics of Canada
5,065 Posts
Kamloops is surounded by over 50 lakes , all with nice beaches, well almost all. !

·
Registered
695 Posts
Parlee Beach in Shediac, New Brunswick has the warmest water's north of Virginia.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Vancouver island has some nice beaches. Rathtrevor near parksville is famous for its low tides going out about 1 kilometer.
Parksville is also home to the Sandcastle competition www.parksvillebeachfest.ca

The Juan de fuca trail and the west coast trail have some nice beaches. Here are three pictures of Long Beach near Tofino

Also Savory island off of Powell river has a very nice beach all the way around the island

·
Registered
436 Posts
Grand Beach about an hour north of Winnipeg is amazing. It's warm, the sand is perfect, and you can walk out for 100 meters and only be up to your neck in water. Very popular in the summer.

·
Mr. Haney(Cruz) for Pres.
2,644 Posts
Vancouver beaches:

Wasaga Beach in Ontario - the longest freshwater beach in the world:

Crystal beach in Ontario:

Shushwap Lake:

Another lake in BC:

Harrison Lake, BC:

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
The beaches in Vancouver are the Canadian equivalent to the beaches in Miami.

·
lolwut
1,867 Posts
id have to say my favourite beach is Sauble beach..which is the second largest fresh water beach in the world after wasaga, and its only about an 1 1/2 hours away from wasaga to, offcouse its my favourite i live 15 minutes away from it hehe, its amazing in the summer though i feel like one of the few lucky Canadians to live in this area to be able to go to this beach all summer..hehe now im bragging

·
Registered
183 Posts
Some Nova Scotian beaches

Ingonish Beach

Crescent Beach

Inverness Beach

Keji

Lawrencetown Beach

Nice right hander peeling in. I can't imagine how bad my legs would be burn if I rode that all the way to the inside. The small black dots are surfers.

Sorry inlanders. Lakes in no way can compare to the ocean ever.

·
....kay?
550 Posts
i live at saratoga beach on vancouver island and it's AMAZING in the summer because it's total sand and the water is very nice and warm.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts