Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Akron has the best economy of the mid-sized cities and likely has the less blight. It's future looks bright because of its forward thinking leaders. I am not sure enough about the others because I have not traveled this state enough and not kept up with the latest information in the form of economic development for them. Youngstown has had some revitalization downtown and in the city because of the shale industry and being in the Pittsburgh-Cleveland corridor with good transportation access.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The medium cities I am talking about are:
Akron
Dayton
Youngstown
Canton
Toledo

·
Registered
179 Posts
While it is hard to say which city has the brightest future, I think it is interesting to note that each city is tied to different industries and in general are not that comparable to each other especially when talking about akron, toledo, and dayton. In alot of ways dayton is the most tech driven and white collar out of the 3 with large ties to aviation but Toledo always seemed like the city that had the most potential to be a large city if things went in the right direction. It really is interesting that all of the cities with the exception of youngstown I believe have at least one fortune 500 company headquartered in their metro. There aren't too many states that have the amount of large company headquarters spread out throughout different cities in the state like Ohio does.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts