Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, so what are your neighbors like?
I will go first. My neighbors include a 34 year old and his three kids who live in the house next door, I dont see him very often because theres a big brick wall at the ally, and the only time I do see them, is them wondering in the second floor of their house, or on the balcony, I have never talked to them except when I first moved in, and when I killed their rabbit with my car =/. My other neighbor, who lives in one of those old cottages, is about 53, I first met her when I moved in, she told me that I would get killed if I dident keep my lawn and duplex tighty, I have hated her ever since, she is a total bitch, complains about everything, bitches about how my car is one and a half inches on the sidewalk, or my curtains are blocking her view, HER VIEW TO WHAT?! MY KITCHEN? But luckiely, my neighbor across the street is a nice lil' family who just restored their old victorian house. Now my duplex neighbor is 21, and his girlfriend lives with him. They are nice people, but they arent exactly quite at night if you know what I mean, and thats why I have a fan. The only time I see them is when I go to work, and they are usually on their section of the porch smoking, I swear I am gonna come home one day and see my duplex in flames because they lack the common intellegence to put out their ciggerates, instead, they just toss it in the bushes! Luckiely the gardner sprays it out when he comes in the noon.
Now tell me, what are your neighbors like?:)

·
Registered
978 Posts
I live near Beech Grove and all my neighbors are of Mexican descent. They are loud (carnival music to me) and drive big expensive SUV's. I cannot believe they can afford to put gas in these things.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I swear that I have the best neighbors. A great melting pot of people - lot's of 20 & 30 somethings and a few retirees, gay/straight and somewhere in between (can't always figure everyone out), black/white, mostly upwardly mobile. Best of all is that everyone's friendly and will always wave and say hello. Oh yes, and hardly any kids - they're mostly confined to the suburbs.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Never have seen any of my neighbors.. live in a really quiet building, no issues. People in the building next door are quite loud though.. parties on their balconies at 3 am is a weekly occurance

·
Registered
10 Posts
The two houses next to mine live gay couples, lesbian couple across the street and a lesbian and a gay man in seperate houses. I love my block, all in their mid-thirties, very strong neighborhood community and organizations but that's my minneapolis experience

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
^^ It seems to me like the city appeals more to gay / lesbian couples and the suburbs cater more to straight couples.

Either way, my neighbours to the left are a nice, quiet mainland-Chinese family with a very loud, whitewashed daughter.

My neighbours to the right are an older Polish couple that - it seems like every week - need us to take care of their dying dog while they're away.

I'm pretty happy with my neighbours though. We take turns cutting the grass on both sides and collect each other's newspapers while we're gone. Ah, suburban living.

·
Joshua
218 Posts
We live just on the border of the Tangletown and Windom neighborhoods in SW Minneapolis. The lady just to the west of us is really nice. She and my partner ride the bus together on their way home from work every afternoon. So he's gotten a better chance to get to know her. She's single, around 60, and loves to talk about her 'backwards' relatives in ND whenever she goes to visit them. She's hilarious and loves to gossip about EVERYTHING going on in the neighborhood. She once came over to our house just to talk about 'what the **** is Eleanor doing to her yard...?' She's a hoot.

Eleanor lives one house to the east of us. She's single and in her 60's. She's really private to the other neighbors, but will start a conversation with either one of us. She's constantly outside working on her lawn and landscaping. She likes to spot-water her whole yard. She takes a hose, and chooses a specific 1 sq ft area of her yard (just grass) and waters it for about 10 seconds. Then she'll walk around looking for another spot to do the same. She rides the bus to the tennis court every morning for 3 hours. Her son comes to check on her every 3-4 days ever since her house was broken into last fall. It could also have to do with the fact that he actually owns the house. And ever since the burglary, that seems to be the only thing on her mind. Poor old lady.

The lady past her is also single and in her 60's-ish, but FUCKING CRAZY. She came over to talk to us one day and explained how she is a member of the church across the street, and whenever she attends mass, she can see all the gay people because she can see their horns coming out of their heads. And not just those of the people that go to her church; she can tell if anyone is 'evil' from their horns. I wonder if she sees the horns coming out of our heads. As evil as we are, she sure is nice to us. ;) She also told us that her son sells chickens for a living...in Europe. You see, he flys there with one chicken at a time and sells it, then comes back for another one. Umm...?

I think there is another gay couple two houses to the west, and an older couple just around the west part of the block. We call them the Moo-moo's, because the wife is really heavy set and she she spends every morning weeding her garden and cleaning the garage in her flower patterned moo-moo. There's a young married couple with 3 kids beyond them. There's also a single guy in his 50's that always sits in his back yard with a beer and watches the neighborhood resident cats and racoon. Only talked to him once, when my cat escaped and I had to go catch him in his yard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts