SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm living out near Buffalo, NY for a couple years but I'm from NYC. There's a tiny little village called Springville about 30 minutes from Buffalo and that's where Glen "Pop" Warner grew up. You know, Pop Warner football.

·
Journeyman
16,793 Posts
Former attendees at my high school, Garfield, in central Seattle:
--Bruce Lee.
--Quincy Jones.
--Jimi Hendrix.

·
Made in Indy
791 Posts
raqoff25 said:
Tom Cruise went to my high school for about a year.. maybe less. Saint Xavier High School in Louisville, KY
Was he called Tom Cruise Mapother back then or did he just go by his first two names?

·
Banned
4,572 Posts
Oprah grew up not far from my house. The guys in cult movie, American Movie also dont live too far from me--Ive seen one of the dudes at Best Buy. My mom used to work with Vikings running back Michael Bennett at Target not to far from my house and my cousin ran track against him. I assume Eric Benet and Latrell Sprewell probally were not to far away either.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
My great-uncle Tim Russert

·
6,890 Posts
Two recent Olympians - Michael Phelps and Kimmie Meissner grew up within one block of me in my north Baltimore neighborhood of Rodgers Forge. In elementary school, I once his Michael Phelps in the face with a dodgeball and made him cry. I'd have to say that ranks as one of my top achievements in life. It might not compare to his four gold medals, but I should get a medal of some kind for that.

Also, Director John Waters, Actor Dwight Schultz (of the A-Team) and NBA players Duane Ferrel and Juan Dixon were graduates of my high school.

·
Live and Let Live
1,606 Posts
I live in the same neighborhood as Musician Carlos Santana, Author Terri McMillian(how stella got her groove back), Tony Winner Rita Moreno, Singer Tracy Chapman, Tom Hanks' mother(he grew up here but lives in LA now-LOL), Financial Guru Suze Ormand, Men's Wearhouse Founder George Zimmer, Billionaires Herbert and Marion J Sandler, Greenday lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong, also singer Keysha Cole just bought her mom a house on my street. Olymic Gold Medalist Michael Johnson moved to CA from TX a couple of years ago but he recently moved to a nice house up the street. There are other pro atheletes, actors, business titans and intellectuals too but these are off the top of my head.

Not trying to brag, just answering the question.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
A bunch of pro athletes have come out of my high school. Mostly notably baseball allstar from the Twins Shannan Stewart. Also the only man ever to have back to back 2000-yard rushing seasons in college football Troy Davis.
-Plus a the members of the punk band Against All Authority grew up a couple of blocks away from me and played with my older brother when they were younger.
-Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com is from my hood as well.
-Speedskater Jennifer Rodruigez went to a neighboring highschool.

·
registered boozer
1,090 Posts
rick james bitch!!!

buffalo, hmmmm who else...
former presidents grover cleveland and millard fillmore

musicians..
the goo goo dolls, ani defranco,

media people...
wolf blitzer, tim russert, ron jaworski

lucille ball(i love lucy) was from nearby jamestown,ny.

i'm probably missing a few.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts