SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which brand do you prefer? i'm planning to get a new and affordable digital camera as the current one seems to be dying because of 'old age'... i just wonder which brand do you forumers prefer?

·
More excitment ahead!!!
17,714 Posts
shao_ye said:
which brand do you prefer? i'm planning to get a new and affordable digital camera as the current one seems to be dying because of 'old age'... i just wonder which brand do you forumers prefer?
What kind of functions are you looking at?? :?

If you want small point and shoot camera, I would recommend the following.....:yes:

Fujiflim F30: Marvellous low noise, high ISO (up till ISO 3200) performance....:eek:kay:

Nikon coolpixP3: Produce excellent pictures....is the one of the few Nikon coolpix to have VR (vibration reduction)

Canon IXUS 800: 4X zoom lens with IS (Image stabilisation)

Panasonic Lumix TZ1: Rather small camera with a leica 10X zoom lens with image stabilzer

Nikon S4: 10X zoom lens in a compact body

If you dun mind the size, then a ultrazoom (12X zoom) might be good for you (with lots of manual functions)

Models worth looking at include:

Sony H5 and H2, Panasonic Lumix TZ7, Canon Powershot S3IS.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the information... i was just gathering suggestions to help me make wise decision...

actually i was thinking about sony's W series as i'm used to using sony digital camera...

for functions wise, i think a 5/6 mega pixel should be enough for my urge... and for other functions like iso and scene modes, of cause i hope for wider choice when compared to DSC-P72...

baiscally i just need somthing not too professtional, as i don't think i need it... but at the same time i hope to have somthing that is affordable and good enough to unlease my urge in snapping better quality pictures...

i feel like snapping so badly but i cant... :cry:

·
3,636 Posts
shao_ye said:
actually i was thinking about sony's W series as i'm used to using sony digital camera...
I'm the happy owner of a W5 (switching from lost P73) :)
So far no complaint about it. The performance is a significant improvement from P73 and it has quite efficient noise reduction, which allow for nice night shooting.

All the menus are almost exactly the same with the P73 so you won't feel the difference. Size and shape make it easier to fit in a pocket too ^ ^

·
Success and Happiness
6,696 Posts
redstone said:
Also thinking if i should get DSLR... Torn between Nikon and Canon...
So far, RafflesCity, Babystan and myself are using Nikon DSLR while Cliff has a Olympus DSLR. Maybe, you get Canon/Pentax/Other DSLR so that we can see pictures with a different flavour. :)

If you have budget constraint, I think Pentax DSLR has the cheapest while Canon has the most expensive entry level DSLR in their range.

Kit might have better advice though. ;D

·
arkitect
1,326 Posts
If you know people here well enough then go with Nikon. Why? So you can use their lenses... hang on..... do you want a DSLR in the first place?

·
More excitment ahead!!!
17,714 Posts
hyacinthus said:
So far, RafflesCity, Babystan and myself are using Nikon DSLR while Cliff has a Olympus DSLR. Maybe, you get Canon/Pentax/Other DSLR so that we can see pictures with a different flavour. :)

If you have budget constraint, I think Pentax DSLR has the cheapest while Canon has the most expensive entry level DSLR in their range.

Kit might have better advice though. ;D
Actually, if you want other brand, I suggest the Sony Alpha A100.....:D

·
HaVe a niCe DaY !
411 Posts
actually one of the biggest concerns for me when getting cameras is the media type....dont really bother about internal memory as its little (for now) but the type of media card really concerns me. I stick to the SD family of devices (includes micro and mini) so that i can interchange the cards that i use on my mobile and camera....

dont bother about going to a new media card like sony memory sticks or less used xD cards.... That is unless they come with like 1x1GB or 2x512MB of that media type for Free with the purchase :) :D

another reason being the recognition of the media card...on most PC card readers, the compulsory type is the SD types, followed by MMC then Memory sticks/CF and lastly xD type, this is important so that you can transfer to any PC that has a card small card reader; should the need arise

and finally, i can at anytime, should the screen on the camera be too small for all to see the photo, i just remove the card, plug it into my phone and view it from there, to have a bigger picture :)

just some thoughts....

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
babystan03 said:
Actually, if you want other brand, I suggest the Sony Alpha A100.....:D
saw the review on papers today... sounds very cool... haha... a dslr suitable for beginners...

anyway thanks for all the suggestions... currently im still unable to afford any dslr... but i will surly go for one when im able to afford it... because all the pictures you peeps captured using a dslr are absolutly so amazing... i cant wait for that day...

for now a p&s camera is enough to fulfill my urge...

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am using a Exlim point n shoot camera - very handy and has this text pre-setting to allow me to take a picture from a picture. However one big setback is that it is not able to take sharp pictures of sceneries in broaddaylight unless I go under a shed.

Can anybody recommend what should I be looking at for my next purchase? My needs are:

1. Budget <$500
2. Portable (slip into my pocket)
3. Be able to take sharp pictures from black & white photos under poor lighting conditions
4. Be able to take sharp pictures of sceneries

Some salesmen told me to consider FujiFilm F3 or even a Samsung latest model because it has this super zoon feature.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I am using a Exlim point n shoot camera - very handy and has this text pre-setting to allow me to take a picture from a picture.
I am also using an Exilim point-n-shoot camera - the Exilim Card S100 to be exact. It is probably still the world's slimmest digital camera with optical zoom.

I prefer it for the small size and slimness because I can sneak it in easily into showflats to take pictures without being detected. :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts