Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think can be done to improve LA's mass transit? New or larger freeways, more railway, etc... and can it really be done considering LA's current or predicted economic status

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
LA need build new double deck freeway on I-710, I-405 and I-10, new red line extansion that from downtown to Santa Monica and Beverly Hills, new other red line extansion from North Hollywood to Van Nuys or like somewhere in Valley area, new green line extansion that from to Carson (It's important for new NFL stadium).

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blink182 said:
LA need build new double deck freeway on I-710, I-405 and I-10, new red line extansion that from downtown to Santa Monica and Beverly Hills, new other red line extansion from North Hollywood to Van Nuys or like somewhere in Valley area, new green line extansion that from to Carson (It's important for new NFL stadium).
i like the double deck freeway idea but ive heard it discussed before and they said that it wouldn't be economically possible and would be hard to do, although it sounds kinda cool

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
No more freeways. studys have shown that as soon as new lanes are built they fill up leading to the same congestion. We need viable mass transit, from extending the red line down wilshire, building the downtown connector, building a red line loop in hollywood and the mid cities, extending the green line in both directions, express track from LAX to Union station, Build a line from downtown to glendale burbank and then back to hollywood, a 405 red line extension with a hub at UCLA, connecting the valley to the red line, expo line and the green line, and finally, fix some freeway interchanges and add carpool lanes. Also, bus service should be improved (already a very good system) and Port cargo should be staggered until the alameda corridor is extended into the inland empire, and truck only lanes are built all over LA. lastly, a bullet train should connect all the airports and union station.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ i could tell u put time into that, i like the ideas. i also think we need some kind of rail down here in orange county, the freeways here are just as bad and population keeps growing, we need an alternative way of moving around besides just freeways. they shud've kept the centerline plan going, except bigger, not so localized.

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
Los Angeles Co. isn't responsible to take care with Orange Co. because it's separated away from LA. Orange County need creating own mass tansit. Metrolink is alright but we want rid the fare zone because it's heck expensive.

How about red line extansion from Western Wilshire to Santa Monica and double through to UCLA. I think the new Expo Line was from downtown to Venice including Culvar City.

·
Registered
2 Posts
WOOOW! This is the best vision I ever seen in my life about the beautiful LA!
Thankyou! And let me tell you something...I think we'll see this situation in the year 2030 (more or less)...but now, with the next step with the gold line extension, the orange line and the exposition line; in 2011 will have a respectable mass transit system. But the huge size of LA need more, more and more. But now, I'm positive, in this time MTA in going faster. :runaway:

·
Hirise Piping Man
845 Posts
14k said:
Here's what L.A needs.

With an unlimited budget, and around 20 or so years, this could be feasable. Is this a reproduction of an actual metro plan from the MTA or what???

Many of the lines shown are underground,which i think is best, but can you imagine the entire system under construction,all at once. This reminds me of the Golden Mile section of the whilshire corridor back in the early 80's i was working as an apprentice on four condo's being built, (actualy there where about 12 going up, between 16 and 23 storys, but i counted 10 at various stages when i was working,) The tallest, the Eveian was to be 32 storys, but the project lost it's funding, and 18 storys of the frame stood, rusting for around 8 years, it was finally completed as Blaire House, But the activity on that strech, of buildings going up and road work for infrastucture upgrades, was the high point of that boom!!!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
You need to change land use patterns (e.g. densify!). Then, you won't need as much transit and you can still have a lot of space. An earthquake or a flood (god forbid) can give the city a start in terms of changing land-use.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts