SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Black Box
1,745 Posts
Amsterdam, Rotterdam, canals, below sea level, Zuider Zee, clogs, windmills, euthanasia, open drug policy, flowers, socially liberal.

·
spaghetti polonaise
2,531 Posts
several dutch cities. cheese. beer which tastes almost like water. windmills. bicycles. tulips. tomatoes full of water. tolerated marijuana consumption. many people who can speak german, but don't want to admit it. Philips. Genever. Dropsliqueur. Poffertjes. caravans. All in all just the usual clichés. :D

·
Resurrected
15,491 Posts
Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Delft, Den Haag, Eindhoven, Nejmegen etc etc etc...

Grachten, in the Rennaissance the richest part of Europe, part of Burgundry Empire, Van Gogh (the painter, not the right wing extremist), Rembrandt and all the other Flemish painters

The size of Switzerland with double the pop for it's totally flat with the highest hill about 450m. Randstadt with the green heart, artificial islands and damns, Ameland and other islands in Friesland. The explosion of the firework factory, red light districts, beer and coffeeshops that attract all the German lager louds, Arnhem and Appenheul zoos... etc etc etc.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
What do I associate with our dear neighbours...

Amsterdam (grachten), rather boring (flat) countryside, exellent roadnetwork, trains with delays, sometimes arrogant towards Belgium, Paul De Leeuw (love'm!), windmills, great bicycle paths, very ordened villages, small houses, very liberal towards drugs, loud people, friendly people, kroket uit de muur, Heineken (no comment), ...

all in all our second best neighbour. :cheers:

Kuesel said:
Grachten, in the Rennaissance the richest part of Europe, part of Burgundry Empire, Van Gogh (the painter, not the right wing extremist), Rembrandt and all the other Flemish painters
ahum, Flemish = Belgian ;)

·
I'm Panamerupean!!!!!!!
1,432 Posts
Netherlands...

Amsterdam,Bicycles,nice city,beautiful women,beer,marihuana! Sorry couldn't resist it!(I don't do it though),Beautiful natural resources,first world country,dutch,aruba,the explorers in the New World. ! There are a lot of things!

·
Banned
337 Posts
There was a time when I associate the Netherlands with beautiful countryside, tulips, windmills and canals.

But sadly, almost everytime I read about the Netherlands now I read about it's awful racism, violence against ethnic and religious minorities and rabble - rousing far right politicians.

Sad but true.

·
Banned
53 Posts
anal sex, bestiality, junkies, paedophilia, granny sex, failure in World Cups, being scared of Germans, surrendering very quickly in wars, helping Nazis kill Jews, being generally utter useless.

·
Civilization
2,711 Posts
Waffels, Painters (Van Gogh), Amsterdam (canals, red light dist, arch.), Jan, Rotterdam Port (one of the world's most busiest, The Hague and EU HQ, Lace, Milk, Chocalate, VERBODEN, Tulips, Dutch language, conqueres (Indonesia, Aruba, South Africa etc), Orange National team, windmills, Wooden shoes (clogs), Shell, Heineken, aka Holland, Bicycles, Bonnets.

·
Civilization
2,711 Posts
Whoopee Cushion said:
anal sex, bestiality, junkies, paedophilia, granny sex, failure in World Cups, being scared of Germans, surrendering very quickly in wars, helping Nazis kill Jews, being generally utter useless.
You must have nothing to do with this post and the one in the Morrocan one. You've never heard of clogs, tulips, windmills, chocalate, milk, chees from Holland? You are such a downer. Lighten up.

·
Banned
53 Posts
macon4ever said:
You must have nothing to do with this post and the one in the Morrocan one. You've never heard of clogs, tulips, windmills, chocalate, milk, chees from Holland? You are such a downer. Lighten up.
Of course I have heard of them!! I can't list everything, I would be here all day. I simpy listed what the Dutch excel in!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.