Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rail & Road traveller
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was here for about 20 minutes, around the street Mikołaja Kopernika. I have read that this is an industrial harbour city. It is very close to Germany, maybe a 20 min drive. From Scandinavia it's a 7 hour ferry and a 1 h drive or a 4h ferry and a 2,5h drive.

It looked rather grey and old fashioned. It didnt seem too touristy. They have trams here. What is there to do in Szczecin ?

·
Fanklub Warsaw Spire 220m
131 Posts
Judging from the pictures you posted you can :

1. Buy phones in the purple little building on the left, the widest range of products in the whole city according to the advertisement.
2. Buy a piece of meat price 9,89 PLN for kilogram in nearby market
3. Buy a newly built flat for 4460 PLN for square meter (10002,49 SEK)

·
Rail & Road traveller
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Judging from the pictures you posted you can :

1. Buy phones in the purple little building on the left, the widest range of products in the whole city according to the advertisement.
2. Buy a piece of meat price 9,89 PLN for kilogram in nearby market
3. Buy a newly built flat for 4460 PLN for square meter (10002,49 SEK)
OK. But as a polish person what do you associate Stettin with ?

I know nothing about polish cities but a bit about Germany: Berlin is the decadent, avantgarde artistic city while Munich is the expensive hard working well educated bourgeois city. Frankfurt is the financial capital. Hamburg is the german harbour city and gateway to the world.

So how do you label Stettin ? Is it the polish Hamburg ? Are there a lot of working class people there and beer drinking football-hooligans, Is it a part of the polish rustbelt or a trendy hipster destination ?

Boleslawo Krzywoustego-street.

·
bramaportowa.pl
11,067 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts