Diagonal Norte, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, EAU

Michigan Avenue, Chicago, EEUU

Avenue Beverly Hills, LA

:banana:

·
My Mind Has Left My Body
7,266 Posts
I think you mean Rodeo drive, Beverly Hills. Those last three photos are of Chicago and not L.A./Beverly Hills as well.

I haven't been but from photos it looks like Sheikh Zayed is a great skyscraper auto thoroughfare but would seem the antithesis of an enjoyable pedestrian district.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I like them to look emblematic, to stand out not just from other roads, but all of their surroundings, they should receive a special emphasis, by making it broad, more so than any other road around it. and flanking it with other emblematic objects of beauty and power e.g. (trees Skyscrapers), and by also placing focal points or points of interest throughout the passageway itself, e.g. (Arch of Triumph).

the one in Buenos Aires and Paris are great examples of what great avenues or boulevards should be, while Fifth Avenue in NewYork looks plain and some what dull, and doesnt really seem to stand out.

·
Persian King of Kings
1,234 Posts
Chahar Bagh avenue, Isfahan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charbagh,_Isfahan

Chahar Bagh (Persian: چهارباغ, translation: Four Gardens) is an avenue in Isfahan constructed in the Safavid era of Iran. Shah Abbas I was the king who changed his capital from Qazvin to Esfahan and decided to pour all the countries artistic wealth into that central spot which has been dubbed for centuries nisfi jahan or "Half the World".

Chaharbagh Boulevard is a historical boulevard in the city of Isfahan in Iran dating from the Saffavid era. The avenue is the most historically famous in all of Persia. The famous Champs-Élysées boulevard (Paris) was designed after this beautiful inner-city lane.

It connects north of city to south and is about 6 kilometers long.

Chahar Bagh has also come to mean any rectangular or square garden of four symmetric sections, as for the Gardens of Paradise at the Taj Mahal in India.

·
Banned
2,580 Posts
Wenceslas Sq in Prague maybe?

·
read lightship chronicles
3,102 Posts

·
Persian King of Kings
1,234 Posts
Taq-e-Bostan Boulevard, Kermanshah:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I like them to look emblematic, to stand out not just from other roads, but all of their surroundings, they should receive a special emphasis, by making it broad, more so than any other road around it. and flanking it with other emblematic objects of beauty and power e.g. (trees Skyscrapers), and by also placing focal points or points of interest throughout the passageway itself, e.g. (Arch of Triumph).

the one in Buenos Aires and Paris are great examples of what great avenues or boulevards should be, while Fifth Avenue in NewYork looks plain and some what dull, and doesnt really seem to stand out.
Agreed 100%...I have been to both Paris and Buenos Aires...and they are both beautiful.....:cheers:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
While it is not even close to the most beautiful avenue in the world, the nicest one we have in Toronto is University Avenue. As imperfect as it is, I'm afraid it is about as close as we get to a grand boulevard in Canada:

RossE photographie
http://UniversityAvenuefarm4staticflickrcom32988de00313_b.jpg

from a Shangri La ad in a newspaper:

and a few of my own photos:

·
38,845 Posts
Spadina Avenue has the potential to be wonderful one day, but you're right that it's University Avenue that's our best one right now.

World wide, I'd pick the Champs Elysees, la avenida 9 de Julio, Buenos Aires 2nd.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts