SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
If you consider uptown Houston suburban, than downtown Houston is the best suburban skyline in the country.;)

I think Clayton, MO (in suburban St. Louis) is a top contender. I'll let a St. Louis forumer post some pictures.

In Michigan, the best suburban skyline is definitely in Southfield. It's also one of the tallest in terms of office towers.

Southfield, MI:

These picture were taken by the great and powerful ColDayMan:

·
I'm Panamerupean!!!!!!!
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well...

someone needs to post pics of Sandy Springs and Buckhead because I can't find any...

·
Registered
943 Posts
Uptown Houston is not a suburb, it's in the Houston City limits...

For Houston I would say the Woodlands, Dallas; Irving, and The best would probibly be any suburb of Miami along the coast with those beautiful high-rise condo buildings.

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
Paradise, NV

Notice: The Las Vegas Strip is in Paradise, not in Las Vegas...

Paradise is a census-designated place located in Clark County, Nevada. As of the 2000 census, the CDP had a total population of 186,070. Estimates place the 2004 population at 221,000 (Rand McNally). As an unincorporated portion of Clark County, it is governed by the Clark County Commission. While outside of the Las Vegas, Nevada city limits, it contains most of the Las Vegas Strip, as well as McCarran International Airport. Therefore, many tourists visiting "Las Vegas" actually spend most of their time in Paradise. Clark County has resisted efforts by the City of Las Vegas to annex the Strip.

http://www.answers.com/topic/paradise-nevada

People think it is Las Vegas, because the hotels are on the street= Las Vegas or that it is unincorporated .

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Sunny Isles Beach outside of Miami is probably the tallest with several 500+ footers and many more on the way. Plus it is truely a "suburb" rather than an edge city of its own as all the towers are residential. Also its skyline is basically continuous with neighborhing Aventura to the west & Hallandale Beach to the north of Aventura creating a skyline with more 25+ story buildings than all but a few downtowns in the U.S.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
rotten777 said:
Woah, Southfield has a large skyline for it's size, how much ft is the tallest?
The tallest is 402 ft with the other two major ones being 395 ft and 370 ft. Overall there are 9 buildings in the 250+ ft range.

·
I'm Panamerupean!!!!!!!
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
well...

there r 2 buildings in sandy springs of 174m and 169m that are the tallest buildings in a suburb in the US but that does not mean it has the best skyline and yeah Newark is not a suburb it is a city..its got their own busy airport with their nice skyline and over 1 million people...not even close of been a suburb...

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The Williams Tower is the tallest tower in the U.S. outside of a CBD.

It stands at 275 meters, or 909 feet, with 64 stories. It is also the 20th tallest building in the U.S.

·
I'm Panamerupean!!!!!!!
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Trae said:
The Williams Tower is the tallest tower in the U.S. outside of a CBD.

It stands at 275 meters, or 909 feet, with 64 stories. It is also the 20th tallest building in the U.S.
All I know is the tallest building in a suburb is the ones in Sandy Springs,Georgia....

Concourse Corporate CEnter V 174m
Concourse Corporate Center VI 169m....

This is the tallest building in a suburb in the US

Facts
- Tallest suburban building in the United States.
- The two Concourse towers are differentiated from one another by their distinctive crowns. The domed crown of this tower marks it as the "queen," while the castellated square top identified Concourse Corporate Center VI as the "king".

·
I'm Panamerupean!!!!!!!
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And that building...

The 275m 909 ft is really nice...I like how it oustands every building beside it...

1 - 20 of 222 Posts