SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
The area looks beautiful during spring and winter, when the hills all turn green... it looks great

·
17,132 Posts
I have never been to San Bernardino or Riverside but both can be mistaken for cities within The San Fernando Valley.

As for Riverside, I never expect it to be this attractive. I actually know someone who lives there but works in Culver City for the CC Bus.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
"The following cities in the I.E. are shit: Corona, Rialto, a large chunk of Fontana, Moreno Valley, Rancho Cucamonga (aside from the area around Victoria Gardens),
Rubidoux, San Berdo."

The eastern side of the I-15 corridor is Fontana. There has been lots of development, i.e, upper scale housing, that are going on in that side of Fontana.

"San Bernardino needs something that attracks people. Maybe a speedway, or a theme park. The area is just live work but where's the play. I know it is not as bad as I'm describing it, but it needs something bigger and bolder to get in the map. It'll be cool if they hosted some sort of mountain/ dirtbike/ offroad event."

You've never heard of Fontana Speedway? How about Ontario Mills?

·
17,132 Posts
I only been to Ontario Mills once but it's a pretty nice mall mostly outlets of popular brands. Hope to visit again on my next trip to LA.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
^ Yea that's about right to get to Ontario Mills. That's how long it takes me from Westchester/LAX area on the 105.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
^ LAX area also know as Westchester!!!!!

Hopefully this clarifies any miscommunications.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I really love Riverside. I took a class at Riverside Community College last summer, and I enjoyed getting to know the city. It is a very distinguished place, as it does not really feel like it's part of the "LA blob" so to speak. Riverside genuinely feels like it's own individual mid-sized city and has its own identity. Spend some time there.. you will definately get the feeling of a self-sustained mini metro with its own unique history and culture, quite distanced from what we know as the giant LA entity. Nice historic architecure, dense, and independent are all ways I can describe Riverside. :) San Bernardino... not so much.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
FROM LOS ANGELES said:
S. Bernandino needs something that attracks people. Maybe a speedway, or a theme park. The area is just live work but where's the play. I know it is not as bad as I'm describing it, but it needs something bigger and bolder to get in the map. It'll be cool if they hosted some sort of mountian/ dirkbike/ offroad event.
have u heard of the lakes and streams project, they want/or are going to make a huge lake around d-town san berdoo to get rid of all the water under the area.

i lived in Redlands my hole life and just imagine a small version of Pasadena.
everyone here tries to stay within the city for shopping and dinning , theres so much city pride. and i personally dont think its far from l.a.
40-minutes= no traffic
1 hr+ = w/traffic

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Threehundred said:
Redlands is really nice. U of R (University of Redlands) is beautiful.
maybe one year in the future you all should try to go there for the fourth of july......its awesome ...you could swear u were in middle america.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts