SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
17,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I bought yesterday. Yes it's 6.0 megapixels and has 6x Optical Zoom. I can't afford an EOS so I decided to buy this one. Anyway, what do you think of this camera? Is it worth it?

·
LA Resident
5,331 Posts
You know, your camera is not so bad I've got Canon Powershot A620 7.1MP and 4x Zoom and it's quite enough for me, your 6.0 one is also pretty good and I can just congratulate you with your new purchase :eek:kay: :cheers1:

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
WANCH said:
Anyway, what do you think of this camera? Is it worth it?
That's all up to you. It's not for us to decide..

Go around your house/neighbourhood and take some random photos with it. Then go back home, upload them on your PC, and see for yourself whether your satisfied with the quality of the photos your camera produces.

:cheers2:

·
囧!
10,896 Posts
I'm sure you'll be very satisfied with your purchase. :)

I'm curious - where'd you buy it? Stanley St. in Central? Mong Kok?

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
Skyman said:
You know, your camera is not so bad I've got Canon Powershot A620 7.1MP and 4x Zoom and it's quite enough for me, your 6.0 one is also pretty good and I can just congratulate you with your new purchase :eek:kay: :cheers1:
I was looking at that one this morning... and am very tempted. It is $399 Cdn
which seems quite reasonable. Also saw Wanch's A700 but am not sure what the difference is in practice.

·
LA Resident
5,331 Posts
Taller said:
I was looking at that one this morning... and am very tempted. It is $399 Cdn
which seems quite reasonable. Also saw Wanch's A700 but am not sure what the difference is in practice.
I don't know the real difference too but I can say I bought my one for 299 USD in Walmart last summer :cheers:

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
Skyman said:
I don't know the real difference too but I can say I bought my one for 299 USD in Walmart last summer :cheers:
I will shop around before I buy it... so far I just looked at a professional photographer's store.... they know the cameras much better but they tend
to be a bit more pricey. Seems to be a good camera.

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
DLL_4ever said:
That's all up to you. It's not for us to decide..

Go around your house/neighbourhood and take some random photos with it. Then go back home, upload them on your PC, and see for yourself whether your satisfied with the quality of the photos your camera produces.

:cheers2:
And if you are not satisfied, then too bad. Wish you could rent a camera for
a week on approval.. that would be the best!

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
/\ there are some places/stores where you can rent cameras (for a day, week, etc).. but what would be the point of that? You would just waste A LOT of money... just go buy it, hold on to the receipt + original box, play with it for a week, if you don't like it, take it back and either get your money back or trade it in for something better.

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Taller said:
That is an idea... if you get it at a reputable place they would probably do that. Thanks for the tip!
No problem! :cheers2:

Taller said:
How's spring going up there? :) We haven't seen
any of your pix in awhile!
Spring is great! The nice (sunny + warm) weather finally came back after almost 2 full weeks of rain, grey skies and cold temps...
I wanted to go to Toronto the last 2 weekends, but couldnt because of the weather... so i'm hoping to go back down this weekend (or latest, next weekend) if the weather allows it. :)
I'm tired of being up here in Oakwood anyway! It's so boring! :sleepy:

·
You Suck and That's Sad
300 Posts
DLL_4ever said:
/\ there are some places/stores where you can rent cameras (for a day, week, etc).. but what would be the point of that? You would just waste A LOT of money... just go buy it, hold on to the receipt + original box, play with it for a week, if you don't like it, take it back and either get your money back or trade it in for something better.
:lol: I did that with the original Digtal Rebel a couple years back at Future Shop, you get it for 2 weeks.

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
I did a bit of research, and it looks like the A700 is better than the A620 because
it has a 6x optical zoom instead of only 4. Fewer megapixels, 6 instead of 7.1, but
I don't print pix. Also it has the ISO800 for taking low light pix. But now I am also
looking at the PowerShot S3IS which has a 12X optical zoom... Hmmm.. I can't tell
from the photo how big it is, so I will check it out today. I do not want anything too
big...

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
^^ Bought a Canon Powershot S2IS today, and am quite excited. 12X optical zoom. $479Cdn including a 1GB memory card. Thanks for all the advice guys, specially about not worrying about the megapixel thing. This one is only 5mgpxl but I never blow up pictures anyway. Cheers!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts