SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like the Mods are still testing it - glad its got a more contemporary feel so well done on giving the place a refresh. Still getting used to it, and the site still seems to be falling down a bit so its hard to judge.

My one niggle so far is the 'GDPR Compliant' and member of some business association icon that persist and leave a big white space/ make photos smaller. The one thing I hoped a while back was improved picture display etc.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I dislike it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The older version is easier to use teh new is horrible ! please give a chance to choose... i want the old back :( i can not use this shit !

·
Skyscraperholic
2,883 Posts
Yeah I'm not a fan so far. My main issue is that it's much more fiddly to access the pages I normally view. The layout of the discussion pages themselves is fine.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not keen on the aesthetics. My main concern is that images aren't loading for me now.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I think with time this format will be better, right now we are used to the old style but not the new and so we find it harder for that reason. Better positioning of adverts.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
One assumes the new software is technically much better (presumably it works better on iphones and hand held devices), and perhaps its a matter of getting used to the new interface, but initial impressions of the interface is not positive. The previous interface was much easier to view and find threads etc, and I simply feel there is too much "white" on the screen. This said, I am trying to familiarise myself with this new look.

·
Registered
29,220 Posts
I hate it... really hate it. I particularly hate that the forum area is so narrow - so much space taken up on the right hand side by useless information.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
One aspect of the new format is that there appears to be much more advertising, and more space for this - including on the actual message area. Is this advertising to cover expenses ie. is the forum "non-profit", or is this site now (and perhaps has been for a while) a commercial "for-profit" venture with shareholders etc.? A response from mods or others would be welcome.

·
Living the dream...
1,230 Posts
That's exactly what I was thinking, I have never seen SSC so inactive, as for the new format i'll say again IT SUCKS!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts