SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Bogota
1,195 Posts
Probably too busy counting the cash from the ads that seem to show up after every few posts.
So you can use this site for free but who maintain this forum and have to solve the problems don't deserve earn some cents??? And who says they are paid for that?
This is my unpopular opinion nobody asked for it.

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
To those who don't like the new version, you can download the Stylish extension (on Chrome, Mozilla, Android and maybe other browsers, I'm not sure) and then install the SSC White theme or the Skyscrapercity Classic vBulletin Theme, which will give you back something similar to the old format with full sized images and no space wasted on sides. I personally prefer the SSC White theme because it feels more modern, this is how it looks :

1.png

You can also use an adblocker, which I used to disable for this site but now unfortunately, it's way too annoying without. And with all this, you get the benefits from the new version without having its drawbacks.

So you can use this site for free but who maintain this forum and have to solve the problems don't deserve earn some cents??? And who says they are paid for that?
This is my unpopular opinion nobody asked for it.
It is totally normal that they earn something from it, what is not is that members have to pay something (even if that's not a huge amount) to get a decent viewing experience, which should be the least on every forum.

·
Ampersands & What
7,251 Posts
To those who don't like the new version, you can download the Stylish extension (on Chrome, Mozilla, Android and maybe other browsers, I'm not sure) and then install the SSC White theme or the Skyscrapercity Classic vBulletin Theme, which will give you back something similar to the old format with full sized images and no space wasted on sides. I personally prefer the SSC White theme because it feels more modern, this is how it looks :
Cheers, the classic theme makes a huge difference!

·
Registered
193 Posts
All of the great full sized photos seem to be gone now, it's not just the way the website looks. I've been hoping that it has something to do with the current crisis we're in and is just temporary so I check back every few days but so far nothing! I've been coming here for years and there's only one other similar high quality website with similar material so it's very disappointing. If there's no high quality photos on the website now there's no point in even visiting anymore!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts