1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,575 Posts
horrible

·
Registered
882 Posts
These grid cities look really cool from the air, reminds me of Los angeles.

I don't think these would be classified as commie blocks because it looks like all the buildings are different, at least from this view point. And the streets look very vibrant so it may or may not be a slum, depending on what part of Mexico City it is in.

·
Registered
119 Posts
see from above is ugly but the street full of life.

·
Registered
11 Posts
These grid cities look really cool from the air, reminds me of Los angeles.

I don't think these would be classified as commie blocks because it looks like all the buildings are different, at least from this view point. And the streets look very vibrant so it may or may not be a slum, depending on what part of Mexico City it is in.
In my personal opinion, Los Angeles is the most horrible American big cities !
San Francisco or, most of the cities of the east coast are much more interesting.

In a city like this, if you don't have a car, you are fucked. And the distances are so big and the density so low that it is not worth it to build a subway or tram.

High density cities create much better lifestyle, more convenient transportation, and save a lot of land and energy.

To go back to the photo, do you see any descent park or green space ? Any landmark building ? Any lake or river ?

·
Registered
633 Posts
that grid system is really bad it looks neat and organised from above but it'd drive me insane that i could really only drive in a straight line

1 - 16 of 16 Posts