Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what sport did you play today?

It was raining today. So played some (table)pool. Not really a sport, but there's nothing you can do if it's Sunday and raining.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
went for a swim at cottesloe, did pushups, situps n chinups til my stomach hurt, playing indoor beach volleyball tonight.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yesterday I ran a 10km at UQ (was happy with a 42 minute time after running around 40km in the week prior).

Ran my first half marathon last week. Interesting how the body kind of goes into a mild shock for a day after a distance like that (when you aren't used to it).

·
Banned
1,298 Posts
None. Walked around the house, went on the internet, talked on the phone. Despite being a completely lazy bastard, I'm not overweight at all. Yay. :banana:

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
I used to competitively row but I have not for afew year's now due to a bad back (my own fault for having poor form).

I usually swim, or go to the gym for cardio/weights... but I must admit I have not done either due to lack of time from uni. Will try to get back into it during semester break, even though my foot is fucked. :(

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
walked to work and back, almost broke a sweat.

considered going to the gym, but the fact it is about 500m from where i live convinced me it was to far away :)

·
Registered
77,306 Posts
i swim 2km each lunchtime. its perfect. nice warm on winters day.

·
Walking Leather Boots
1,995 Posts
Only just woke up but for school today i have both PE and Sport so i will be doing basketball for PE ice skating for Sport and then tonight i go to trampolining to train for reagionals

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gonna train in gym today along with 4km stroll. hmm...

Who here hates doing squats?

·
Registered
77,306 Posts
Gonna train in gym today along with 4km stroll. hmm...

Who here hates doing squats?
years ago when i lived for bodybuilding, i trained 2hrs each day. I loved doing legs because of the burn. i worked up to deep squating 150kg.
Also i did what big arnie used to, just grab 200pd/90kg and do 20sets. you didnt really need to do all the other stuff.
SPRINTING is probably the best single exercise you can do!
itss also good for legs and overall body power and fitness. i still do weekly sprints because its an event with masters life saving carnivals.:banana:
Doing weights and body building is fine BUT it wont get you fit. you will end up an oafing block.You need to supplement it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
havent been to the gym for over 2 weeks. first week i was busy with uni exams. second week i was sick - flu.

im still recovering from being sick - does anyone know if its good to go to the gym straight after? i did swim 1km in the pool the other nite.... and not sure if that was the best idea!

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
yep, weights clears the nose and soothes the throat! lol

no idea...prob not good if youre in a public pool! get others sick too.

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Actually, the weights training does unblock the nose because of the increased heart rate. Try it if you don't believe me. lol.

·
PompeY2J
1,654 Posts
I did plenty

*benchpressed my way out of bed
*wrestled into my warm clothes
*squatted to turn on the heater.

Hey, it's 14C here max. Cold and wet. meh

1 - 20 of 25 Posts