Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pittsburgh rocks!!
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the city like politically? How about the suburban areas?

·
make it so...
6,755 Posts
i think atlanta is pretty liberal politically and socially where as the suburbs are not as much so. cobb county, i heard, is pretty hard core conservative but they have rollercoasters so it can't be that bad.

·
Registered
101 Posts
wheelingman said:
What is the city like politically? How about the suburban areas?
Inside the Perimeter.....an island of tolerance and diversity.

Outside of the Perimeter....a sea of ********.

Sorry, that's a bit glib. The City of Atlanta does trend strongly to the moderate-to-liberal side of the political fence, as does much of Clayton and Dekalb Counties. The rest of the 'burbs tend to be much more conservative.

In other words, ATL is no different than the rest of the country.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Atlanta used to be a big puddle of blue in the middle of a sea of red. Fortunately, the idiots we have running this country are changing those colors drastically every day. The red is turning blue by the hour.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Politically, even with city proper, it's conservative. I am beginning to think that trucks (SUVs) and cars for that matter are sold straight from the dealership with W' 04 stickers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Suburbs are very conservative, especially Fayette County and Peachtree City, you would be hard pressed to find a Democrat there. Atlanta itself a little more liberal, but it's no SF.

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
Yes it is becoming a blue city, much to my dismay. The rest of Georgia is mostly red.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts