SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Ao lado da Ciência, dos Fatos e da Empatia
12,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are you also tired of seeing repetitive photos of our cities? No problem.
This thread was made to show what is happening in the city in real time.

1. You will see images of events from the last week, ONLY.

2. Parties, art exhibitions, urban games and other CURRENT EVENTS in the city.

3. The city of the thread: RIO!

Carnival, UFC, Fashion Rio, Cow Parade Rio, New Year's Eve at Copacabana Beach, UFC Rio, Rock in Rio Festival... All events!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Oir Art Exhibition - Other Ideas for Rio

About:

The Spanish artist Jaume Plensa inaugurated on Monday (3), in Praia de Botafogo in Rio's South Zone, the giant sculpture of the face of a woman,
made in marble stone and resin. According to the sculptor, this is an homage to Yemanja, the deity whom he claims to be devout, and was built over four months
by the artist, who has been in Brazil since November. The work, entitled 'Awilda', will be installed in the sea for two months,
according to Jaume. The work is part of a public art show Oir-Other Ideas for Rio.

Pictures:

Olhar nos meus sonhos (Awilda) por Rodrigo_Soldon, no Flickr

Awilda de Jaume Plensa por Leandro's World Tour, no Flickr

·
Registered
12,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Still Being Art Exhibition (known in Rio as "suicide statues")

About:

The sculptures of the artist Antony Gormley are in many places in the city.
London, New York and Sao Paulo (Brazil) have already received this art exhibition, now in Rio.

Pictures:

Exposição Corpos Presentes - Still Being - Foto: Alexandre Macieira|Riotur por Ascom Riotur, no Flickr

Exposição Corpos Presentes - Still Being - Foto: Alexandre Macieira|Riotur por Ascom Riotur, no Flickr

Exposição Corpos Presentes - Still Being - Foto: Alexandre Macieira|Riotur por Ascom Riotur, no Flickr​

·
Registered
12,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting!

Goes to my favorites :)
Wow ! Rio is a real world city ! Congrats from France!
Sweet.....I wearing spf30 and waiting for more..:cool::eek:kay:
Hey, thanks brothers :)

I would like to see threads with the current events in all cities of the world, only . Like 'What is happening now in the World' with Medelín, Buenos Aires, London, Paris... all cities in real time... it's my dream...

·
Registered
12,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The idea is to show - especially - relevant international events in the life of the city. I don't want to show a simple music event or a simple art exhibition of a museum in the city. But the most exciting events like the most cool art Exhibitions, the best parties...

For example: Red Bull Air Race, Cow Parede Art Exhibition, Rock in Rio Festival and other.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Hola!
Aprendi do que no Rio há regatas de Remo Escaler, merece a pena fazer fotos delas!
Têm lugar na lagoa Rodrigues de Freitas e no Estádio de Remo.
Tal vez um bom tema para incluir neste tema?

Perhaps the longboat and lifeboat races which take place in Lagoa Rodrigues de Freitas and Rowing Stadium are a good item to include in this thread?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts