SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard figure like 5,000, 7,800,-10,000....does anyone have the correct number or estimate? And is it set to increase?

thanx

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
This is one of those questions which can't be answered :D Atleast yet!

The very official number is 8000 $ but there two things which should be considered. First Turkey calculates its GDP by using the SNA68 method (which whic from 1968 logicaly) whereas the EU and the rest of the world uses ENS95 (method from 1995). The SNA68 shows the GDP lower than it is, the government is recalculating the numbers since last year and in some months the real numbers will be published since the EU wants Turkey to use the ENS95 method (there are only 2 or 3 countires which use the SNA68 method and Turkey is one of them) The second factor is that Turkey has a huge unregistered economy with a volume of ca 35-40% of the income.
Officialy seen privat doctors or privat lawyers earn less than the minumum wage of 530 YTL (350€) which is not the correct number of course. People don't pay taxes, the government was not authoritative enough in the past.It's quite natural not to pay taxes for Turks, this mentality must change!
If you compare Turkey to other countires with the same GDP (namely 7000-8000) you'll see that Turkey is moe developed in many ways or more people use mobile phones (42 million) or internet(10 million)

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
Kenny85 said:
back to 4,200 after last 2 weeks
You're talking about GDP and he was talking about GDP ppp.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I guess that clears things up a little. It was always odd to me that Turkey looks very modern and developed yet it has such a low per capita income.

·
Not Aragorn, it's Artagun
3,651 Posts
Turkey is not a country which you can explain with rules-laws or you cannot put it into any group or frame... It is true in every field... :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
The unregistered economy is close to half of it . So the GDP statistics of goverment NEVER encompassed the whole economy. It was over 5000 $ GDP for half of the economy of Turkey in 2005 .So as , Messiah showed the ancient "SNA68 method" from 68's was humiliatingly used in statistics that didn't have the sophisticated scanning of all sectors of turkish economy . My family is of medical field , so numerous doctors that work in private hospitals , clinics went to cruises in mediterrenean , shopping sprees in Paris , in Milan , safaris in South Africa , skiing in Alps . I wonder , how did they accomplish those by earning less than 350 euros? Answer ; showing less than 1/4 of their income in their tax statements :hahaha:

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
The unregistered economy is not only a problem in Turkey though. The same goes for South American nations for example.

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
yusef said:
Is the $8,000 figure usuing the ENS95 method or the SNA68?

SNA68! ENS95 figures aren't published yet.

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
Ozcan said:
The unregistered economy is not only a problem in Turkey though. The same goes for South American nations for example.
so what? Why did you say this now?

·
Banned
337 Posts
According to the Economist, Turkey's GDP per capita was around 7000 dollars per head back in 2003, so after the rapid economic growth of 2004 and 2005 it should be around 10,000 by PPP standards.

That is low by EU standards, around a third of the EU average but Turkey is growing fast and it's GDP per capita was less than a quarter when it started EU negotiations, so the trend is upwards and fast, at least for now

·
Registered
905 Posts
Maltaboy , you have a very interesting country . I know it is very small , but (Southern) Cyprus is , too and they have one subforum under greek forum . Why don't you try to have one for your beautiful country? ( Ofcourse I'm only assuming that you're really from Malta)

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I agree with some friends those already mentioned my opinion up here, more or less.. Turkey is not a sort of country you may simply cathegorize or find out a model that may work on it. And keep in mind, it's not the same managing a country with 75 million inhabitants and that has heaps of problems 'cause of its starategical positions. Thus while evaluating the results think wise on the sources, inductive reasoning method may help you to gain the result maaaaybe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts