SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Pittsburgh rocks!!
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is its political bent?
Is it a pretty intellectual newspaper?
Does it have good city/urbanist articles?

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
It is a very boring newspaper IMO. That is why I read my Macon Telegraph which gives more helpful information for me.

·
Registered
435 Posts
^^ Its not that its boring, its just too damn opinionated. And it passes off its ignorant sterotypes to unsuspecting people as facts. some of its articles just arent necessary, Id rather read the New York Times.

·
Deep South Pillsbury
560 Posts
It was more liberal before the Constitution editorial pages merged with the Journal pages. It's still liberal enough to upset Bill O'Reilly on a regular basis. Notwithstanding its politics, many of its articles focus a little too much on pop culture. If I cared about Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Simpson I'd read US magazine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The Atlanta Urinal and Constipation is a fishwrapper in every sense of the word. It's a shame such a great city has such a trashy paper. Think incredible arrogance, stereotyping of its Southern neighbors and even parts of the city itself.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Hate to disagree...

...But actually, in this age of corporate media consolidation,
I think the Atlanta J-C is one of the better metropolitan newspapers.

Certainly one of the best in the South.

Sure that success of Atlanta owes at least a small bit to having a good newspaper.

·
I am John Doe
530 Posts
wheelingman said:
What is its political bent?
Typically more Liberal.
Is it a pretty intellectual newspaper?
I don't know. It stereotypes a bit too much on some article, but I find many articles to at least be informative.
Does it have good city/urbanist articles?
When it covers a prominent one, it is usually pretty good. However, usually some of the articles on minor issues are weak.

·
Pittsburgh rocks!!
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bayviews said:
Hate to disagree...

...But actually, in this age of corporate media consolidation,
I think the Atlanta J-C is one of the better metropolitan newspapers.

Certainly one of the best in the South.

Sure that success of Atlanta owes at least a small bit to having a good newspaper.
You are probably right because many newspapers have become either right wing or simple McPapers with corporate consolidation. Also many cities have terrible tabloid newspapers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts