Skyscraper City Forum banner

Best skyline in GA outside Atlanta metro?

• Augusta

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Columbus

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Macon

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Savannah

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Other, specify :sly:

Votes: 2 5.4%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Architect
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best skyline in Georgia, outside of the Atlanta metro area?
That means Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, etc. are excluded from the vote.

Well then? I couldn't find very good pics, but here are some . . .

Augusta

Columbus

Macon

Savannah

·
Registered
93 Posts
Savannah and Macon have EXCELLENT small city skylines. Absolutely beautiful, both of them are. But I have to give it to Augusta.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll have to go with Rome, Georgia. I'm a huge fan of Savannah but because it's all the way across the state I don't get to see it too often. But I see Rome on a near weekly basis I'll have to go with it.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
There is no skyline outside metro Atlanta. Cloumbus a has a couple of pretty tall ones that are nowhere near each other. But since Augusta comes the closest, I go with Agusta.

btw Ive seen better angles of Macon that make it look like a little more like a skyline.

·
UGA1
461 Posts
Columbus has the tallest and most modern buildings than all of the other cities, but unfortunately the buildings are all spread out. Both the Government Center and AFLAC buildings are very nice and light up well at night. If AFLAC was in DT Columbus, than Columbus would surpass all other GA cities by far. Hopefully, with a new hotel being mentioned DT, Columbus's skyline will continue to grow. Maybe AFLAC will build something down there new soon :) .

·
UGA1
461 Posts
The second picture of Columbus looks at least 10 years old. Downtown has changed a lot since then. Does anyone have a better picture of Columbus?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Those are bad angles of Macon's downtown. I've been to all these cities and Macon's is the most impressive, especially when you look at from the east. I will try and find better pictures, but this one from the angle that I'm looking for. I know the people are blocking the skyline, but it will give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

·
UGA1
461 Posts
I know this sounds like a really stupid question, but could someone tell me how to post pictures? I can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy!

·
Architect
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^Don't worry, most of us asked that at some point in our membership. :D

Find the url of the image you want to use (of the image, not the page it is on) and place it between the
tags, like so:

@MarcusJY: I know. There really aren't many good photos of Macon anywhere. My favorite view is from Ocmulgee.

·
UGA1
461 Posts
Thanks MattSal for the help. I have tried it numerous times with different sites, but it just wont work for some reason. Could you maybe give me an example because I have some really cool pictures I want to post.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rome has a nice skyline.

Rome has a nice skyline, you just have to know where to look to catch it. Driving over the bridge on Turner McCall Blvd provides a nice view of the historic brick buildings with the clocktower overlooking downtown. And with the hospital being built up just north of downtown is going to be home to some nice buildings in the future.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts