Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is frustrating me, lol!

Pretoria is the administrative and Cape Town is the judicial right...

Then what is Bloemfountain??

And I have heard so many times that Johannesburg is a capital of South Africa too....

Ayy, Que horror!!! No entiendo!!!

Can someone help me out, please :D

-macon4ever

·
ÜberMaromas
894 Posts
Pretoria is the executive (Where the president is)
Bloemfontein is the judicial (I guess the supreme court is there not really sure)
Cape Town is the legislative (Where the parlament is)

Johannesburg is the largest city...

·
100% Libertarian
6,921 Posts
The legislative is the "main" capital...because there is the "capitol" building...so...Capitol & Capital...are similar words xD

CAPE TOWN...CAPITAL OF SOUTH AFRICA!.

·
Resurrected
25,539 Posts
I just found this on wiki (doesn't make it much easier though :lol: ):

The Republic of South Africa is a constitutional democracy with a three-tier system of government and an independent judiciary, operating under a Westminster-styled parliamentary system. South Africa's government differs greatly from those of other Commonwealth nations. The national, provincial and local levels of government all have legislative and executive authority in their own spheres, and are defined in the South African constitution as "distinctive, interdependent and interrelated".

Operating at both national and provincial levels are advisory bodies drawn from South Africa's traditional leaders. It is a stated intention in the Constitution that the country be run on a system of co-operative governance.

The government is undertaken by three inter-connected arms of government:

* Legislature: The National Assembly and the National Council of Provinces
* Executive: The President, who is both Head of State and Head of Government
* Judiciary: The Constitutional Court, the Supreme Court of Appeal, and the High Court

All bodies of the South African government are subject to the rule of the constitution, which is the supreme law in South Africa.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_of_South_Africa

Intersting enough is, that in the whole article the word "Capital" is NOT MENTIONED!!!

·
"Hands of Stone"
3,633 Posts
According to wikipedia its
Pretoria (executive)
Bloemfontein (judicial)
Cape Town (legislative)
^^ Let's face it (or as they say in the U. S. "think outside the box"): South Africa has three capitals. While most countries have only one, there is no universal rule that forbids a country from having more than one (Bolivia has two: La Paz , Sucre). Just as polygamy is acceptable in some cultures, multiple capitals is a fact in some countries. Wrap your mind(s) around the concept and embrace it!

Source A: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_africa
Source B: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolivia

·
"Hands of Stone"
3,633 Posts
On the other hand...

If I ruled the world, I would consolidate all three branches of government in South Africa into one capital: Johannesburg (the largest city); In Bolivia, LaPaz, the larger of the two capitals.

·
Resurrected
25,539 Posts
I forgot Bolivia, but sorry, La Paz is NOT the biggest city. Santa Cruz is 1.5 times bigger than La Paz. Officially Sucre is the capital. The government is in La Paz (also not very understandable)

·
"Hands of Stone"
3,633 Posts
I forgot Bolivia, but sorry, La Paz is NOT the biggest city. Santa Cruz is 1.5 times bigger than La Paz. Officially Sucre is the capital. The government is in La Paz (also not very understandable)
I wrote "largest" by mistake. I meant the larger of the two capitals. Keen observation on your part.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts