SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hanging the boots up
9,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Dame Patience Jonathan, has canvassed for the inclusion of roles of presidents’ wives in the Constitution.

This, according to her would enable them get retirement benefits along with their spouses when they leave office.

Mrs. Jonathan made the plea in a chat with journalists shortly after she was sworn-in as Permanent Secretary in the Bayelsa State Civil Service along with 18 others by Governor Seriake Dickson on Friday afternoon.

She lamented that the office of the First Lady is not currently recognised because it is not in the Constitution, saying its inclusion will “enable the occupier of that position to enjoy benefits of the office like their husbands on retirement.”

She recalled a situation when the Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) prevailed on the president to call her to order because the role of the first lady is not in the Constitution.

She tasked the Constitution Amendment Committee to look into the issue with a view to including it in the next constitution.

“We the wives of political office holders, if our names are not in the constitution and our husbands retire with benefits, the Constitution amendment committee should also look into the issue of wives of political appointees.

“We should be included in the Constitution so that we too can retire with benefits. With that we can enjoy our career, “Mrs. Jonathan added.

In his address, Governor Dickson, warned the new permanent secretaries against involvement in politics, saying “we don’t want your involvement in politics; we don’t want to hear that any permanent secretary is involved in the act of politicising our People.”

www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/inde...sa:-jonathans-wife-justifies-appointment.html

·
Hanging the boots up
9,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is why nigeria is in a fked up state that it is right now ...because people don't their priority. Idiots!

I mean damn you will never hear michelle obama say some dumb shit like this without cnn, fox news bashing her.

·
15,239 Posts
First Lady position has never been constitutional... Infact, the first lady is simply the wife of the president, nothing more... AND that should not change anytime soon.

·
Registered
12,153 Posts
she's incredibly stupid and uncivilized. you can tell the caliber of a man by his wife.
I believe that thoroughly.

That's why all the military heads had gorgeous wives lol. They were go getters and leaders and picked the best of the selection for themselves. Sure most of them were corrupt psychopaths, but they were corrupt psychopathic leaders. If anything bad was happening in Nigeria they were at least in control of it and it ended when they wanted it to end.

Goodluck is corrupt and dumb, he has no control over his own government and even in the countries apex office he's still a whipping boy and follow so nigerians have no foundation to count on. You can see this in the fact that his wife is dumb, uncivilized and still wearing the pants.

·
Registered
27,497 Posts
I don't think GEJ is bad man necessarily, in fact he is like George Bush jr in a lot of ways. Lucked his way to success and as a result never really learned the skills to be a competent leader. GEJ looks like someone who wants to do a good job but he is way over his head. He literally was handed governorship over night by technically the same way he literally overnight became the president of Nigeria because the President died.

He's the type of guy that is ok to be in a non-important role and allowed to do ceremonial thing but if he ever get's in the driver seat you are screwed.

He's not a Joe Biden that as crazy as he can be at times, you know that if Obama's out for a while the country will be ok.

His wife is just stupid, I don't know why the allow her to talk without a teleprompter or talk at all, she needs to be like Laura Bush...a non entity. Or speak in her native language and have it translated, God knows she might make more sense that way.

·
Registered
12,153 Posts
I don't think GEJ has a bad heart and wants to do well based on the plans he has. Problem is things are too shaky for the plans he has and instead of adapting and dealing with it he's openly overwhelmed. This only makes me mad because he and his wife seem TOTALLY unaware of how hated they are and how fragile his life is. If they were they wouldn't propose something this stupid. If he doesn't stop acting like a bush man he's going to get killed.

·
Registered
27,497 Posts
GEJ is aware but I guess he's just overwhelmed on how to handle it, he admitted it recently that this Boko Haram nonsense has messed up his plans. The problem is that he's President, whether is Boko Haram or Aliens he has a responsibility to best of his ability to preside over the welfare and safety of Nigerians and he continues to just completely fail at it.

Since October 2011 bombing something that most Nigerians would have thought would never be possible in Nigeria, is a daily event whether curfew or no curfew is in place. People are literally fleeing one part of Nigeria to go to their states of origin because of violence. Ethnic clashes are even more violent than in the past, and despite every promise and reassurance made by GEJ it continues. Nowhere else in the world could a president be woefully inept at his job and still keep his seat, or even still be breathing.

He's has been given threats of impeachment recently, its officially rock bottom for him but still the same action non action is the mo of the GEJ administration. Look at what is going on in Mali, as the HQ of ECOWAS and the military force of West Africa Nigeria should be helping its member state, but how can it when Nigeria has its own radical Islamists.

I Think GEJ is a well meaning guy but as VP not as Pres, I still prefer him to Buhari because Buhari is a man who better left in Nigeria's military dictatorship past as an antiquated relic devoid of real ideas. If he couldn't make Nigeria better as dictator, what do we expect as a democratic leader.

Patience is stupid, that one is a given.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts