SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Futurist
38,387 Posts
The project I'm most excited about is Arena Central, which would give a major boost to Birmingham's skyline if it went ahead. They already have planning permission for a 50-storey skyscraper, and the location would give an awesome pinnacle for the city centre.

Sadly though, it's a project that's dragged on for years, I'm wondering if it will ever go ahead - and if it does, then I fear it could be substantially reduced in height.

G

·
wjfox2002 said:
The project I'm most excited about is Arena Central, which would give a major boost to Birmingham's skyline if it went ahead. They already have planning permission for a 50-storey skyscraper, and the location would give an awesome pinnacle for the city centre.

Sadly though, it's a project that's dragged on for years, I'm wondering if it will ever go ahead - and if it does, then I fear it could be substantially reduced in height.

Your be happy to know recent press releases have indicated that it will be built to original height and with spire could stretch over 200m :)

Its also progressing very nicely at the moment with Miller representing Birmingham at MIPIM in Cannes and also the beggining of the website kicking off

http://www.arena-central.com/

G

·
Mine Would be the Cube in Birmingham designed by Ken Shuttleworth (AKA Swiss RE) located right in the middle and only 200m away from both Arena Central and HCT surrounded by Alpha, Hyatt, Sentinels. Orion and BST - the views from there will be just amazing (P.S I live in Worcestershire - not Birmingham ;))

http://www.thecubeiscoming.com/index.html

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
live in London, but heart is in Leeds.

Favourite project in London is therefore is 122 Leadenhall, but in depending on the redesign, Criterion Place in Leeds has to swing it for me (no bias at all :))

quite like Eastgate/Inacity Tower in Manchester.

·
Against ID Cards
9,799 Posts
In Brighton the Brighton Marina
In Manchester the Great Northern Tower/Civil Justice Centre
In Birmingham The Cube/Rotunda Development
In Leeds Criterion Place
In Liverpool Brunswick Quay Tower
In Sheffield the Spittal tower

·
Registered
991 Posts
Wow, the birmingham cube is really amazing, i thought it was a little bland initially but boy am i taken back by the design, it's stunning!!! and they've always got bang & olufsen in those places, it's not fair...

Also like the Brighton Marina proposal, from out at see it will have an almost dubai look(in moderation!), great location too.

·
Futurist
38,387 Posts
The Cube is a horrible design in my opinion.

Arena Central will be 100 times better and will do wonders for Birmingham, giving its skyline the big central pinnacle it deserves.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts