SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, the title says it all I should think.
Me, I want something done about our pathetic justice system and it's ridiculous leniency. What about you? What do you want to see resolved as part of the next government's mandate?

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
priorities and their importance imo for the next election:

1) Justice (100%)

2) Healthcare (95%)

3) Transportation & Infrastructure (94%)

4) Environment (88%)

5) Education (82%)

6) Poverty (81%)

7) Defence (80%)

8) Economy (79%)

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
A: A new deal for cities
1) Better PT/Infrastructure
2) Social Housing
3) Environment

B: Agriculture
1) Better Safety net to help our famers
2) Ban on GMOs
3) Sustainable and environmentally friendly farming

C: Security
1) Make the military sustainable
2) Improve police ability to find violent offenders who are at large
3) Expand abilities in the arctic

I've skipped over a few things for sure, but these are the ones that come to mind.

·
Registered
695 Posts
1) Education
2) Health-care
3) Defense
4) Infrastructure
5) Economy

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is one thing I forgot to mention that is of pretty big concern to me and that is our transportation infrastructure.
We pay gas taxes that were supposed to be dedicated to roads and highways from day one. Instead we have to beg for a small fraction of those funds back. We are billions and billions of dollars away from having our roads and highways funded to even a maintenance level....why is this so when we are bringing in surplusses? Somebody had better do something about this soon or we will be doing a lot of swerving on the highways to avoid the potholes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Priorities:

1) Healthcare and examining the system in depth rather than just promising $X billion(s) more funding
2) A discussion about federal/provincial/municipal resposibilities and working to make sure that conflicts are worked out so this shell game stops
3) In the same vein, an examination of the funding gap between the federal and provincial governments
4) Infrastructure
5) Staying out of areas that are provincial responsiblities unless it is addressing 2)
6) A re-jigging of the PMO so that the Prime Minister is no longer a dictator with a 4 year term

1 - 7 of 7 Posts