SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Dangerous User
9,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for me is the food of course then the traffic jam hheheehee .. the high-rise building oooh coolll!(especially the 327m building , the ritz ,the pacific plaza, the sudirman place, the peak and many more)

what's u'rs?

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
I think Jakarta's skyline, though not as dense as many other cities', looks cool. there are a lot of nicely designed buildings in this city.

·
Registered
35 Posts
For me its got to be the food....culture....the languages....the different type of living....the malls/shopping....i luv the traditional markets seperti tanah aband n pasar baru....the ppl...the different natural beauties....baju koko/songkok/sarung....the skyscrapers...and lots more. I'm basically proud to be half Indonesian!

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
mus90, Half indonesian? so your parents are mixed?

For me...i love jakarta because basically in Jakarta, everything is possible. You can get things that doesnt exists in any other cities and also its because the skylines too.

cheers

·
Dangerous User
9,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alvin said:
I think Jakarta's skyline, though not as dense as many other cities', looks cool. there are a lot of nicely designed buildings in this city.
yah i absolutely agree it is cool and nicely building

·
there's no free lunch
2,616 Posts
its diversity that makes me proud of being Jakartan/Indonesian. From food, languages, races, religions, cultures, cities etc. And in the last couple of years Indonesians become more free to think and to speak and very open to changes, this is very good.

I was born and raised in Jakarta, I feel very much coomfortable living in JKT, for food you can just go on the street and find something to eat, night and day. And skyscrapers in JKT will be something to be proud of, very very much ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
David-80 said:
mus90, Half indonesian? so your parents are mixed?

For me...i love jakarta because basically in Jakarta, everything is possible. You can get things that doesnt exists in any other cities and also its because the skylines too.

cheers
Ye, i'm half indo and half euro. Ma dad is half irish and half swiss. But ma father pinter banget bahasa indo and culture nya. Sekarang dia lagi ngajar di indo. Even though I was born and rasied in Perth...I still call Indonesia ma second home....

·
Skyteam Platinum Elite
2,525 Posts
:) :love: I love Indonesia so much. I was 2 when my parents left the country and moved to Europe. My father is mixed Dutch , I speak the language but have , believe it or not difficulties reading Indonesian.
I love the food , love Jakarta in particular . That s the reason I go for a visit at least 3 times in a year. and this year I ll be back again somewhere in june.

·
Registered
273 Posts
To me, it's for the courteous people in my small little town in Central Java that I was raised. I love my country's diverse ethnicities, food, and cultures too. I am so proud that Indonesia is now called the third largest democracy in the world.

·
Registered non-User
7,356 Posts
the chaos...only a few countries in the world have this, and Indonesia is one of them. I will truly miss Jakarta:cry:

·
Jakarta : Home sweet Home
769 Posts
hahaha.. that's true blue_sky..
actually I havent even seen a komodo dragon before..

I love Jakarta because I was born there..
I love the side street food.. the nightlife.. the hustle and bustle...
just being home.. it's awesome..
kampung halaman aye euw...

·
there's no free lunch
2,616 Posts
hahaha.. that's true blue_sky..
actually I havent even seen a komodo dragon before..

I love Jakarta because I was born there..
I love the side street food.. the nightlife.. the hustle and bustle...
just being home.. it's awesome..
kampung halaman aye euw...
you're back to jkt for good?

·
heal the world
248 Posts
i love indonesia because it's the place where i learned the beauty of eastern culture. not as rigid as most arabian countries or eastern asia but good enough to be used when you leave in western countries with all their virtues.. and for sure, our sincerity and hospitality is no doubt unbeatable.. :)

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Just like what Encon said before and the old slogan of Indonesian Tourism in 1994 "A World of its own"

because the big Islands (Sumatra, Java Kalimantan, Sulawesi, west Papua) act as miniture continents of a world. From Snowy mountains in the papua to the African Savanna in Java (east java to be exact) everything is here! A World of Diversity with 300 local languages and Tribes,and where simple three lines in the map(Walace,Webber and Lydekker line) Could show a major change of Biodiversity that changes from Asia to Australia

The Moon

The Snow in the Tropics

The Highland of Adventure

The Green Carpet

The African Savanna of the East

Indonesia is not Truly Asia, but A World of its own ;) (we should still use it :banana: )

1 - 20 of 73 Posts