SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What neighborhood/city do you think holds the most investment potential in Minneapolis/St. Paul area? Why? What do you think should be done to it?

What neighborhood/city is overvalued or holds the least investment potential in the Minneapolis/St. Paul areas? Why?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
There are many areas I feel hold potential. One such area is the Cornelia Lake neighborhood in Edina. Buying a house here is still affordable, you are blocks away from France Ave./Southdale. Obviously it is in the Edina school district. There are many beautiful parks, and nice yards. Recently there has been a number of investors who have bought houses here and torn them down to build new better ones. To me, that is a sign it is a good place to be. Also it is only minutes away from the Mall of America as well as downtown Minneapolis.

Also in terms of Edina, in most large metro areas the very expensive and "exclusive" areas hold their value throughout time and are always viewed that way...I think Edina is an example of a suburb that will profit as the rich get richer.

I think the Golden Valley area would be good because it is very close to downtown Minneapolis and has some beautiful neighborhoods.

Wayzata of course is also great

Is there any hope for Richfield? Geez....it is in such a good locale, and there are more jobs coming to the area, with a serious renovation of the area this could be a great place....or it could just continue in the path of outdated houses that it is stuck in.

·
tä-gE
171 Posts
Hiawatha Corridor, Light Rail, should get some serious density.

Overvalued? Maybe the SW suburbs, they have traffic issues and have been overbuilt in terms of office space.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ohhh I left out that one. You are right on the Hiawatha Corridor. If you take the light rail right now the path it takes is a perfect example of ugly urban decay. However, if you buy property along that i believe you should see a substantial return in the near future. Wasn't it in Vancouver when they put in the light rail, high rise condos soon rose up along the whole thing? That is going to happen in Minnesota guaranteed....it already has started, take for instance the development in Bloomington by the rail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts