Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear news that an aboriginal athlete at the Olympics got into some trouble because he wore a T shirt with that ? Flag on his chest.....the the red and yellow and black one........no not German! anyway I am also proud of my heritage......there are 6 generations here in Australia. I am Australian, heck been here myself 60 years! So if I want to wear a T shirt saying I am proud to be a white 4th Generation Australian........I have children and grandchildren so when those bloody Aboriginals decide they are Australians and live under whatever one flag we have at the time I would be pleased.................Whilr they insist on pushing their never ending adgenda go tell them if some other country moved in a while back they would have no flag...no nothin....and while they are about it tell them to read some world history.......it's not about them. It's the way it is and always will be........

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See, I see Australians as me, as migrants, as refugees.....all one. Except Aboriginals of course. They divide the nation and always want to be separate. Sure why would they think of themselves as Australians. After all that's a European name isn't it.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, lets get into grammar when you have no argument ! When new or old Australians ever get to hang in there together this will be a great country.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
What pisses me off? Idiots like you who spew senseless rants.

Man your just a tool. Seems you always have been and always will be.

I saw that and thought myself what does it matter if he's proud of his heritage and displaying it. But looking in the bigger picture I could understand the controversy if some athletes are politicising the olympics regarding breakaway states etc.

But as for the aboriginal flag? It didn't even seem an issue for me. I thought good on him.

·
Banned
Tremendous
8,579 Posts
I don't blame him. As a born and bred skip I don't feel any affiliation to our flag while the union jack is on it. Just doesn't represent us as a nation and hasn't for a very long time. Even harder for Aboriginals as it represents the country that came and took their land away.

·
Banned
371 Posts
I don't blame him. As a born and bred skip I don't feel any affiliation to our flag while the union jack is on it. Just doesn't represent us as a nation and hasn't for a very long time. Even harder for Aboriginals as it represents the country that came and took their land away.
Well the Aboriginal flag does not represent every other ethnicity settled in this country so why should it take preference over every other race? So you don't feel any affiliation to the flag? Well that's your problem. Australia was founded under that flag just as every other country was founded under their flag so yeah it's still relevant. And aboriginals feeling like they have had their land taken away, how the hell would they know what their ancestors went through. They were born on this land with the same amount of opportunities as everyone else during modern times so this "200 years of shit" thing that they keep bringing up is getting old.

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
Agreed, aboriginals today have no more of a connection to what happened to their ancestors than every other Australian does.
But the fact is, racism remains. They have a disadvantage in all mannor of things, job interviews to getting a flat to rent. Because of prejudices that remain. So it is not true to say that they have the same amount of opportunities as everyone else.

·
Banned
Tremendous
8,579 Posts
Well the Aboriginal flag does not represent every other ethnicity settled in this country so why should it take preference over every other race? So you don't feel any affiliation to the flag? Well that's your problem. Australia was founded under that flag just as every other country was founded under their flag so yeah it's still relevant. And aboriginals feeling like they have had their land taken away, how the hell would they know what their ancestors went through. They were born on this land with the same amount of opportunities as everyone else during modern times so this "200 years of shit" thing that they keep bringing up is getting old.
Check out countries such as US, Canada and South Africa that "grew up" years ago.

Guess the Irish and Scottish just forgot what England did to them all those years ago as well, more than 200 years old.

I can still empathise with Aboriginal people despite the fact it doesn't effect me and that certain events did not happen to their generation. However of the events that did happen to their ancestors (some still living by the way) that Union Jack would be a certain reminder of the very nation that started it all.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts