• 45 levels: 500 feet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50 levels: 570 feet

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • 63 levles: 618 feet

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • 73 levels: 815 feet

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • 86 levels: 930 feet (lets be realistic now)

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • 90 levels: +1000 footer

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • or other:

Votes: 2 5.6%
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
/BMOREBOY
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont you think that would be a lot unrealistic. unless our skyline was higher buildings and was a tab bit bigger.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
dont you think that would be a lot unrealistic. unless our skyline was higher buildings and was a tab bit bigger.
Yes, we would need more highrise density ie: 2 or 3 600 footer's

·
Registered
665 Posts
Well 45 levels of 500 ft wouldn't cut it because our tallest is already higher than 500 ft, so I doubt that would get any votes. And plus, the Four Seasons will be like 44-45 stories and probably 500 ft when completed. So we already got that. I would say 56 levels of 700 ft-735 ft. That would be perfect!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Our next tallest would be 50-55 stories tall. I don't know what those numbers translate to in feet measuremets. i don't think it's going to be 10IH , I think it's going to be at 300 E Pratt st.

·
/BMOREBOY
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is my first poll i messed up this is how it should of been

40-50 levels: 550 to 600 feet
50-60 levels: 600 to 650 feet
you get the point of what im saying I didnt think of that method does anyone know how to delete this thread so I can retype this agian.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
^^ only the mods can edit the poll but we know what you meant , no worries. it would be nice if both 10IH and 300 E Pratt st break ground at the same time and engage themselves in a race to build the tallest building in Baltimore. kind of like the Empire State and the Chrysler Building ...

·
/BMOREBOY
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so far 815 feet is the winner with 5 votes and 500 feet is the loser with 0 votes im glad theres nobody jealous of Baltimore on this thread because they would have voted for that lol.

·
Registered
11,741 Posts
Unrealistic for Baltimore maybe. But it's not improbable. Other cities in the world have towers/buildings that have dwarfed the rest of their city's high-rise invetory. Why could it not happen in Baltimore? What if Naing decides to build a 1,000+ footer on one of his sites? And he made the other a mid-rise? What if Pat Turner decided the same thing? Cut one or two buildings he had planned for his Westport development in half and made his one really tall tower a 1,000 footer? These towers that these two developers alone are proposing are only about 200 ft. or less shy of a thousand feet now. And why couldn't someone top off their new tallest Baltimore tower with a nice pointed crown that scrapes the 1,000 fooot mark?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Unrealistic for Baltimore maybe. But it's not improbable. Other cities in the world have towers/buildings that have dwarfed the rest of their city's high-rise invetory. Why could it not happen in Baltimore? What if Naing decides to build a 1,000+ footer on one of his sites? And he made the other a mid-rise? What if Pat Turner decided the same thing? Cut one or two buildings he had planned for his Westport development in half and made his one really tall tower a 1,000 footer? These towers that these two developers alone are proposing are only about 200 ft. or less shy of a thousand feet now. And why couldn't someone top off their new tallest Baltimore tower with a nice pointed crown that scrapes the 1,000 fooot mark?
Agreed, but it's the Maryland way to hold back and think less of your potential.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
IMO, anything over 800 feet would be jarring to the skyline. I'm fine with more mid-sized buildings that don't dominate the landscape.

·
Registered
917 Posts
^^I'm sorry but we need a focal point in our skyline, and right now we don't have one. So I think an 800ft tower would be perfect. Even smaller cities have a focal point on their skylne. We need at least one tower that our skyline can be identified by.

·
/BMOREBOY
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well if we do get a 1000 footer than it should be a little deeper into downtown not on pratt street. put it back so it could domainte over the skyline.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
IMO, anything over 800 feet would be jarring to the skyline. I'm fine with more mid-sized buildings that don't dominate the landscape.
If it were only one building I would aggree. However, if 10IH, 300 E. Pratt and RWN's development's move forward and are all taller than the current Legg building than I would disaggree.

·
Registered
11,741 Posts
A tall, slim tower between 800 ft. to 1,000 ft. tall including crown and all located @ "One Light Street"! :) That's about as "middle" or "centered" as it's gets for Baltimore. :)

·
/BMOREBOY
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thats good steven. man you are really part of two ssc sections this really is just my secondary thread.

·
/BMOREBOY
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Whats marylands tallest building outside of Baltimore? Most likely in Montgomery County.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
^^I'm sorry but we need a focal point in our skyline, and right now we don't have one. So I think an 800ft tower would be perfect. Even smaller cities have a focal point on their skylne. We need at least one tower that our skyline can be identified by.
If they go ahead with the few in the center of the grid, yeah, I could see that. But right now, 10IH is on an island by itself. I think the harbor looks classy with mid-rises ringing it, having supertalls dotting the edges just would be too dominating. That would make the city more unique that just trying to one-up someone else.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts