SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dangerous User
9,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(we take all of ur opinion seriously)

as mostly u know jakarta over previous years has quite number of tourist compare to last time and jakarta has improved alot such as building THE PEAK , JAKARTA TOWER so what should be done

what should be done to jakarta such as:

1)safety

2)pollution

3)clean

4)green

5)airport

6)pedestrian walk/for people to walk

7)kampung

8)bajaj

9)becak/bemo/mikrolet/ojek

10)motor

11)museum

12)lights(such as repair some light that already off)

13)taxi (some people says that indo taxi is not safe)

14)food cleanery (some food in jakarta has taste great but some is dirty)

15)education

Thank You

please post ur opinion!!

·
Awesomeness
1,209 Posts
Clean the city up. That means pollution, greenery, and just more tidiness. It's pretty disgusting when you walk over a drainage canal in the city and it just smells awful from so much pollution. So I say start a city-wide clean-up program. Make schoolkids spend one afternoon every month cleaning up in their neighborhoods. Help alleviate the deep poverty problem by providing cheaply-paid employment to clean up the canals and streets.

It's really not that hard, but someone has to have the initiative to get these things going. Nothing is going to happen if people just sit around saying "We can't do it." Also, I think the city administrations should be improved. They often spend millions of dollars on unneeded improvements.

·
Urban Monk
2,432 Posts
Agree.
Clean the city up!
Cleaning is not only good for the health, but the hidden education value that it carries.

·
jakarta. jakarta
204 Posts
i think every point has it own issue...
but for me the one that should be improved is safety or security
because the biggest problem of jakarta is security
for example,many pickpockets are "in charge" in the bus or public train and many taxi drivers are cheating their passengers with the "argo". maybe that's why most of jakartans are prefer to have their own private car than public trans. and that problem creates polution, the polution creates other problems like poluted air, dirty food, etc etc etc....

see what i mean?

cheers.
ksunarjo

·
Dangerous User
9,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i agree with all of u

for me as all of u know jakarta is quite bad for the air pollution , how about making 10-20% of renovate building/newly develop building space for planting some trees at the rooftop survey has shown it will improve the air quality and also make the sorrounding cooler

·
Registered
129 Posts
For a start plant more Trees in Jakarta,those orange roofs will look better with greenery,then clean up the city areas.

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
1. Transportation
2. Public places and parks (pedestrian-friendly city)
3. Slums
4. Better zoning
5. Cleanliness

·
Registered
259 Posts
What the city needs to do:

1. come up with an up-to-date masterplan, one that the city adheres to in a 21st century reality. this masterplan should be the main resource for development, and should call for more organized zoning, better designated commercial-residential areas, improved vehicular circulation concept, improved paru-paru kota, better flood infrastructure and water drainage system, etc.

2. have an honest, ambitious, smart, and charismatic governor, one who has bright ideas and knows how to pull talents together. the leadership cannot be corrupt, because the success of city programs also depends on people's trust of the leaders. the governor must remove himself from the "proyek = sampingan" mentality that was rampant during suharto's new order regime.

3. once you have the right leaders and the right masterplan, it all depends on the efforts. there must be an aggressive and sustained campaign to implement programs such as rooting out crime, improving cleanliness (streets, rivers), managing traffic, etc.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Public transportation would be my first priority.
More public parks and trees around the city.

·
Registered
478 Posts
the city is quite clean now, i guess. looking at this year and past yeArs.. dont u guys think so? cuz i think the govt imposed a rule for throwing things out on the street,,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts