• Timing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else...

Votes: 4 12.1%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Dr.Med. Tom Green
5,278 Posts
Somehow you need everything for a good pic.
But the most important thing is a good camera. Everything else can be perfect but without the right equipment this is useless. I know this. I had a cheap digicam during my first trip, too. I used it sometimes because the good digicam had problems with the memory. The pics are really ugly.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
As Depeche Mode would say: Everything counts.

I think that the location and the subjetc are not the most important thing. Even an ugly building has an artistic face if photographer has imagination. I think that imagination is basic to make a good pic.

·
Старий М
5,285 Posts
Knowing how to operate your camera.

Doesn't matter the type of camera you have. Even if you have a camera made of gold and you don't know how to operate it then you won't achieve the effect you desire.

·
Registered
350 Posts
LIGHT is definately the most important thing as without it there would be no image! Professional photographers spend as much time as possible to get the lighting set up properly. With the wrong lighting a photo can look bland, flat, overexposed or underexposed or dull.

At the end of the day, all of the options are very important and a perfect picture doesn't come from any one in particular. I think light is the one which should be given most thought and a bit of artistic effect helps alot.

1,559 Posts
Everything listed is important....first being Light. But what really makes a picture a great one is originality IMO. Show me something I haven't seen before, like a unique perspective of the same mundane thing we see everyday or a different skyline angle never seen before. I mean whens the last time someone took a picture looking up at the sun underwater.....I mean you might be able to capture the globe of light and it's rays cutting through the water exposing coral or a nearby clown fish or something! ;)

Oh like this! :D

see there's not much light but it's what you do with it! ;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
gohcan said:
As Depeche Mode would say: Everything counts.

I think that the location and the subjetc are not the most important thing. Even an ugly building has an artistic face if photographer has imagination. I think that imagination is basic to make a good pic.
^Agreed^ :yes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Everything is important. But the most important thing is: Knowing how to operate the camera properly.
Light condition is extremely important, but there are cases where you forget to bring a bulb, but even at the worst lighting condition, the one who finds the proper one is the operator of the camera. If you know how to operate camera properly, then you know how to find the best lighting condition given.
The thrid thing i think is the most important is timing. Timing is important because taking picture is not merely a recording. It is the blueprint of the subject, and the effort of the photographer comes out proportionally to one's timing. I don't know exactly what others mean by timing, but I wouldn't think it as an exposer period, because it doesn't make much sense.
I guess the subject and the location where you took go together. Choosing the right subject is as important as choosing the location of where to go. Once the subject is chosen, you choose the location. But not necessary all that case. Actually most of the time, photographs come out the best when you find the subject unintentionally. At least that's how I find photography much interesting than any other hobby.
I think the least important is the camera quality. Some may argue that it is really unrealistic to have poor camera quality and expect to take good pictures. Well, I think that if you have a normal camera which have even limited manual functions, you will be able to almost infinite kinds of effect in the picture. Of course, with a phone camera, it's almost useless to get an artistic photograph.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Light (exposure) can make or break a great a great subject that is perfectly proportioned. A good camera does help in getting the light right, if you have read the instructions and follow them. The subject can be bland, but an interesting location (perspective) and proper proprtioning can make it great. But, if you screw up the lighting, everything else could be wasted.

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
Who the photographer is? :D

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
To me, what makes a good image is how the picture was taken. The amount of time taken and the difficulty it took to capture the moments. That's why i praise photojournalist for their priceless works.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts