SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
All American City Boy
191 Posts
The Miglin Beitler Skyneedle. I want to see this finally get built like originally intended. Chicago lost out so bad for this never being built. Art deco rules!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would be nice to have more concrete buildings in chicago because we have too many glassy buildings

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The Miglin Beitler Skyneedle. I want to see this finally get built like originally intended. Chicago lost out so bad for this never being built. Art deco rules

I totally agree...art deco rules. But I would only support a shorter version of this, without all that overdone wedding-cake layering going on. One or two layers -in true art deco fashion- yes (like something similar to the Empire State Building), but not like in the picture. And perhaps a bit shorter than the Sears. (or better yet, tear down the Sears, and replace it with a shorter version of this "Skyneedle"). Blasphemy, I know. :lol:

·
centralnatbankbuildingrva
2,608 Posts
Italianate architecture....a lot more of it

·
Registered
140 Posts
As a Swede, with architect dreams, I would like to develop Andersonville to something more modern and edgy. Build a little higher and maybe a skyscraper there. Landshövdingehus would be appropriate for that area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts