SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What was the deepest construction hole in Australia?

What was the deepest excavated hole? Was it the World Square?

·
®
6,018 Posts
Pine gap if you believe any rumours.
OT:
Interesting, what rumours? Do you believe they have 2 giant aircrafts that fly in and out of the Alice every week. I can't recall what the planes are I think they are Starliner Express and Galaxy i think are the planes that fly in. They are supposed to carry cars, busses and furniture direct to the states. I doubt there are any underground chambers though.

·
Galactic Ruler
6,857 Posts
well under the randomes the aerial installations are rather deep supposedly. Probably the deepest of its kind in the world.

There are definite underground office installations somewhere in the area too.

The jets probably bring in all matter of goods, suggested has also been nuclear fuel for the reactors that apparently power the facility.

·
Registered
77,003 Posts
world square got to 28m deep.
meriton tower in sydney was 29m deep.
Cove was also 29m deep.
sydney loves our carparking basments. rightly so. they should be all put underground.
In melbourne because of the crap foundations,swamp /low lying areas especially in southbank (2.4m RL) they only dig 1 level down and put there ugly 10storey carparks above ground. so many towers have this now .eg Eureka, RDT,most new towers.
shame
i admire them because the project doesn t take long to start.
in sydney not only have we have to demolish multi level bldgs ,then we have to dig 10stories down. adds 6-9months on to project.
Another deep excavation in sydney atm is for Hyde tower. it will be 26m deep or 8 levels.
Vision in Brisane will be its deepest ever hole at 8 levels or 24m.

·
Infrasuper Planet
399 Posts
In Melbourne, the two lowest train platforms at Parliament Station (An Underground Cityloop Station), are 42 meters deep below street level.

According to wiki, seven of the thirteen escalators contained inside the station are the longest in the southern hemisphere.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
In Melbourne, the two lowest train platforms at Parliament Station (An Underground Cityloop Station), are 42 meters deep below street level.

According to wiki, seven of the thirteen escalators contained inside the station are the longest in the southern hemisphere.
That's an underground railway station (a tunnel), not a hole.

But you are correct, platforms 3 and 4 of Parliament station are supposedly the deepest in Australia (southern hemisphere too i'm assuming?) It certainly has a real Moscow Metro feel to it at that depth.

·
®
6,018 Posts
well under the randomes the aerial installations are rather deep supposedly. Probably the deepest of its kind in the world.

The jets probably bring in all matter of goods, suggested has also been nuclear fuel for the reactors that apparently power the facility.
Yeah I think there would be underground facilities there, seeing the jets flying in and out on a weekly basis direct from the states and the fact these are not passenger carriers. I know the Americans have chocolates, other food brought over plus everything else they require, despite most of which is available in town. After a few years, items are sold intown to the locals. I know as I have purchased from the garage sales base families have there. Many interesting artefacts.

I doubt there are any nuclear reactors there, that is a load of bullocks. It may have been suggested by "so called theories" but there are power lines from the power station south of the centre which run directly along the road to the centre. Why else would a place have power lines running through there! It would be more logical, besides you need cooling towers for nuclear and there aren't any!

·
Lord Melbourne
4,243 Posts
OT:
Interesting, what rumours? Do you believe they have 2 giant aircrafts that fly in and out of the Alice every week. I can't recall what the planes are I think they are Starliner Express and Galaxy i think are the planes that fly in. They are supposed to carry cars, busses and furniture direct to the states. I doubt there are any underground chambers though.
Dad used to be an Air traffic controller in alice back in 1984. He said a plane flew in about once a week (giant galaxy craft) and took in everything the base needed. Including food and water, all of it was US products :nuts:

·
can the can
1,145 Posts
I don't believe in being snobby about spelling and grammar on forums, but "most deepest" really annoys me. Can we change it to simply "deepest"?

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
I don't believe in being snobby about spelling and grammar on forums, but "most deepest" really annoys me. Can we change it to simply "deepest"?
yea i thought the same

wheres that guy that labels everyone a bogan when you need him :lol:

·
Registered
8,609 Posts

those randomes are merely protective covers for the satellite dishes, its not uncommon for intelligence related military dishes to have these. It protects them from the weather and also it protects them from spying eyes.

·
®
6,018 Posts

when one randome was to be replaced as it had a crack in it.,I recall the dome was sold or given to a guy on a station just north of alice... Lol, It was a big dome and the guy put it over his house to keep it cool in the hot desert summer heat....

Now if you were to believe the rumour ^^^^

Well I know i posted already about this, but i thought i put more info again from a source from the net. It has limited info.

- No holes are required for a randome....
-Underground office isn't required, there would be no nuclear reactor fuel required, however there would be only a hole for communications, as per below:

"It is said that under Pine Gap is the deepest drilling hole in Australia - about 5 miles (more than 8,000 meters). Such a hole is likely used as an underground antenna able to recharge the batteries of submarines in the Pacific and Indian Ocean through ELF broadcasts."

I doubt antenna can send power to recharge batteries of submarines though, it is the most stupidst idea I have ever heard of. Perhaps it is for communication of another kind. We can only guess, if the real reason in detail was posted by anyone, that person would have violated the American's and who knows would have been taken away to prison by now.

this website states there is a hole for communication purposes http://www.apfn.org/apfn/pinegap.htm

Another great set of holes to consider for this forum could be: Ballarat Mining holes over a few kms deep, mining holes open cut in WA several kilometers wide and deep; known as Super Quarries.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts