SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wat youre thinking f the future of LA , i will say in 50-70 years ! how will LA look at this time !???
I think it merged with LAS vegas and san diego metro and will have around 39 million inhabitans :runaway: ! Beverly hills and bel air willl no more the richest districts of greater Los Angeles , because there are huge Gated Communities in the Bakersield area ! Santa Monica will have an Subway line to lA :) and there are 6 subways and 10 commuter train lines in and around LA ! 1 commuter line will catch San Diego and one will cach las vegas :runaway: !
Los Angeles has biuld new Airport in the valley of bakersfield the LA Metro international airport , the old LAX is only for regional flights , and the new is two times bigger then the old , one of the commuter catch them ! thats my vision of lA in 50-70 years !? whats your vision ?

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
To be completely hornest I think most of it will end up like in the begining of Predator 2 or Demolition Man.. ( gang rules areas and lot's of violence, poverty and drugs ) with a number of huge gated communities for the rich people who haven't already moved elsewhere...

But if the US states doing a little more about social issues it might just turn into a rich, safe and vibrent city...

I love most of it as it is now - and except for the crime and smog I think it's a great city with ton's of stuff to do and see - it's just lacks sort of center somehow..

I'm going back this summer, so I might update this post in a couple of weeks..

·
LAL | LAD | LAK
6,477 Posts
1) Taller, Better, Denser Skyline
2) LA River turned into attraction with parks and recreational activities
3) Homeless problem addressed- housing provided
4) Convenient metro system- subway to the sea etc.
5) Long Beach and Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) upgraded and housing boom there
6) Crime reduced significantly (already has)

^^All of that is actually happening NOW.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Mr_Denmark said:
To be completely hornest I think most of it will end up like in the begining of Predator 2 or Demolition Man.. ( gang rules areas and lot's of violence, poverty and drugs ) with a number of huge gated communities for the rich people who haven't already moved elsewhere...

But if the US states doing a little more about social issues it might just turn into a rich, safe and vibrent city...

I love most of it as it is now - and except for the crime and smog I think it's a great city with ton's of stuff to do and see - it's just lacks sort of center somehow..

I'm going back this summer, so I might update this post in a couple of weeks..

what is this misconception of crime in LA? Per capita, NYC is the safest city in America and LA is second. Crime has been going down for years and continues to do so. The media REALLY influences people.

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
future of l.a is huge

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
:) what do you know about L.a Los angeles fan

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
To be honest with you, I really don't want to know LA's future particularly years away like 50-60! I will dream to that! :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Klas said:
wat youre thinking f the future of LA , i will say in 50-70 years ! how will LA look at this time !???
I think it merged with LAS vegas and san diego metro and

I don't consider Las Vegas to be part of LA metro. LVegas is too far to belong to LA. :weirdo:

·
Seeking Affiliation
1,217 Posts
Los Angeles is starting to be dense.

Los Angeles is starting to become denser by the day because its urban sprawl has achieved the maximum geographic limit. To the far eastern side of it, L.A. basin stops and mountainous areas begin. Further inland, they are replaced by desert areas.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I see its Future is lookin up... along wilshire
a modern transit system and Ontario airport becoming more important.
and its pop. reaching 5-7 million in city

1 - 12 of 12 Posts