SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what youre think are the future of tokyo ! i say in 50 -70 years !I think Tokyo will have over 50 million inhabitans including chiba and sooo !
Tokyo will build a supertall skyscraper with over 4000 m !
And its the rival city with Shanghai! what you think about it!??

PS: please look at my other thread of th future of LA !

·
Registered
157 Posts
Shanghai is nowhere near the level of Tokyo....plus natural disasters constantly threaten the place

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Japan is losing population. So the future of Tokyo like that of Japan is aging. Tokyo metro could see some modest growth from declining parts of country. But any major growth is unlikely. Tokyo's future is more likely to be like that of Osaka, which has been rather stagnant in recent decades...Unless of course Japan starts to open up to more immigrants.

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
But japan is very populated they need to loose people

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Well, Japan has perfected the art of fitting a population that was until quite recently about half that of the US into an island the size of California. Japan has done better than any other nation, certainly the US, when it comes to creating a very high quality of life in very urbanized & high density setting. We can learn volumes from Japan on that!

Japan's problem is not being too crowded. It's the possibility of long-term population decline & economic stagnation. If that happens, Tokyo's future will not be too bright.

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
tokio sounds like a cool city

1 - 10 of 10 Posts