SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Dr.Med. Tom Green
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m planning a trip to New York in september 2008.
What changes will be happening in this city? New subway lines, a new super roaller coaster, new lowrise develeopments, new skyscrapers, a new terminal, new couler for the taxis,................

Please tell me about every new thing in New York that a tourist will see.
I`am really curious :)

·
Lurker
1,816 Posts
Yankee Stadium and Mets Ballpark will get underway, I'm sure there will be a lot of movement at the WTC site, NY Times will be done, same with Bank of America. A lot of other things.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
Why can't you come to NYC now instead of in 2.5 years?

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
TalB said:
i'd rather come in 2.5 years then now if i were him too
think about all the changes (for the better) and all the new projects completed!

but then again i can go to the city whenever i want :tongue2:

·
Dr.Med. Tom Green
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TalB said:
2.5 years is very soon.
At first i wanted to go to New York after they build the Freedom Tower, but this is soooooooo far in the future :D

Reason why i can´t go this year: I already booked my trip to Seoul
Why i can`t go in 2007: i will go to Tokyo, my favorite city :D
I wanted to go to Shanghai in 2008 but i learned from Beijing that cities in China are under complete renovation 2 years before a big event. I will go to Shanghai in 2010 to the EXPO.

I read somewhere some time ago that New York will invest billions in the subway in the next years. Is this true?

·
Registered
385 Posts
One New York Place will be done. It will be 90 storeys and it will be used as a residential and office building. Finished in 2008 on 425 Fifth Ave.

·
A greek iberista
257 Posts
mid-town said:
One New York Place will be done. It will be 90 storeys and it will be used as a residential and office building. Finished in 2008 on 425 Fifth Ave.
What? A 90-storey tower near ESB! Unbelievable! I searched emporis.com and it says nothing about this project...Do you have any renderings or more infos?

·
Registered
438 Posts
johnt_gr said:
What? A 90-storey tower near ESB! Unbelievable! I searched emporis.com and it says nothing about this project...Do you have any renderings or more infos?
One New York place is going to be downtown. I don't think they would ever do something as horrorble as built a 90 story building right near the ESB.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts