·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I think you are about on the money - late 70s early 80s

·
Registered
77,011 Posts
could be even 79
regent hotel (now sofitel) was half way up in 79, as per kasper pic.
as was bourke sts com bank
see pic>

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
^^
LOL What a shithole.

If any city has come a long way it has been Melbourne.

·
Registered
656 Posts
^Lower left corner is Victoria Park, right-hand side is Princes Park (near the cemetary and Royal Park) and a bit above that is Flemington Racecourse.

·
Lord Melbourne
4,243 Posts
No, used to be Collingwoods homeground, in collingwood. Now i think it's used occasionally as a soccer training ground.

·
Registered
77,011 Posts
sure! ive got one here in my pocket.lol. nah sorry. might be hard to come by.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Definately summer as the cricket pitch is inside the MCG and the farmland around the city is wind dried. Also I recall the Eastern tower of Collins Place still being under construction and being jalfway constructed at this time. Try Christmas/New Year 1979-80.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Great thread. (and great pic)

This could be a new GTC style game (if there isn't one already). Perhaps the biggest difficulty is finding pics on the internet that are more than 10 years old. But, most of us have scanners. :D

·
Registered
77,011 Posts
Adamonline said:
Definately summer as the cricket pitch is inside the MCG and the farmland around the city is wind dried. Also I recall the Eastern tower of Collins Place still being under construction and being jalfway constructed at this time. Try Christmas/New Year 1979-80.

:cheers:
yes as i said late 79. ;)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Here's one from Sydney for starters...
(this was posted on the forum some time ago, so if you know the answer, keep it quiet - i have the thread link so i know who already knows :D)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts