SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 13508 Posts

·
~ Mysterious Entity ~
4,858 Posts
Definitely looks very healthful; I'd love to try sushi sometime. How expensive was it? I've never tried tempura either...

·
Registered
568 Posts
I could go for some of that right about now, though I did just have sushi for breakfast yesterday and some edamame with dinner.

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
We sometimes go to Masa, on Charles near Yonge Street. They have all-you-can-eat of the same type of sushi as shown above, for something like $17.95 in the evening, and slightly less for lunch. You keep ordering as you require more, and they have a habit of kind of ignoring you to try and stretch it out a bit ;) I can never really eat more than one serving at a time, anyway.... my favourite are the tempura shrimp, but I find them heavy with the oil and they give me a tummy ache if I eat too many.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i almost always eat asian food when i eat out cause it's healthy and you can get a full meal for so cheap. often under 10 bucks! japanese, vietnamese, chinese, thai... mmmmmmmmm!! anything but korean. kimchi = blech!!!

·
天豆
9,950 Posts
I have a bit of an addiction to Korean Pork Bone Soup. I eat it at least three times a week and can't get enough of it!!! :D
It is my single most favourite flavour in the world.
Just curious, where do you usually eat this Pork Bone soup? Maybe I can visit that location. I've tried Pork Bone soup quite a few times, but usually it's mostly bone and not much pork.

Not all Asian food is healthy. You've got to watch out for too much oil.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
oh, i know. esp. a lot of chinese food. lots of stuff stir-fried in oil. that's why it amazes me that most people over there stay so thin. maybe people are more likely to stop eating when they're full if everybody's sharing.

·
In mourning
97,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh, i know. esp. a lot of chinese food. lots of stuff stir-fried in oil. that's why it amazes me that most people over there stay so thin. maybe people are more likely to stop eating when they're full if everybody's sharing.
As salvius said the oil itself is not the problem, the reason that most of the people in Asia stay thin is their diets, theres hardly any butter & cheese in it and they don't eat red meat as much as the Canadian. They eat lots of fish, chicken and pork. If we want to be thin, eat like them. :cheers:

·
In mourning
97,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i almost always eat asian food when i eat out cause it's healthy and you can get a full meal for so cheap. often under 10 bucks! japanese, vietnamese, chinese, thai... mmmmmmmmm!! anything but korean. kimchi = blech!!!
Me too, but I find thai food is too spicey to my liking. Also not too crazy about korean food either.

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
Just curious, where do you usually eat this Pork Bone soup? Maybe I can visit that location. I've tried Pork Bone soup quite a few times, but usually it's mostly bone and not much pork.

I get mine at BiBimQ, on the east side of Yonge St, just south of Gloucester. It is FANTASTIC! ( I had it again tonight). You can tell there is not a lot of fat in it, because when you put it in the fridge, there is no layer of fat solidifies... just the pork broth. It is really excellently made, and TONS of pork on the bones. You have to be a very big eater to be able to finish their portion... an incredible meal. And CHEAP!!!
For lunch I went to Kensington with a friend and ate Pupusas!! YUM! :eat:

·
In mourning
97,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^ I tried the pork bones soup once and its actually not too bad at all and you are right that one pot of soup would be enough to feed 2-3 people easily.

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
Now you will be dry all night and have popcorn farts in bed! :yes:
I had roast beef sandwiches and salad for dinner. With cold cooked beets, which
I LOVE. Watermelon for my late night snack tonight. Trying to take off the 7 lb I gained
since my birthday. :cry:

1 - 20 of 13508 Posts