Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just walked past Ellerman House on Camomile Street in the City, and the plastic hoards are up ala Lime Street.

Demolition imminent??

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
It was originally scheduled for demolition around June this year ... but then it was acquired by Great Portland Estates (who are planning 80-88 Bishopsgate on the adjacent site), and the plans for the site were changed.

Er ... I assume they're sticking to the original schedule for demolition then. :)

·
Tea. Earl grey. Hot.
3,350 Posts
I'm sorry. You guys have to help me out. I'm a total noob. Ellerman House?
I take it a major Skyscraper is proposed for that site?

·
Registered
4 Posts
"... Ellerman House?
I take it a major Skyscraper is proposed for that site?"

A 100m approx tower was proposed for there before Great Portland Estates bought the site a while back- the assumption being that the new new site will be incorporated into the neighbouring project of 80-88 Bishopsgate. I havent seen a particularly detailed rendering of the original project but it was going to have distinctive roof gardens and a library at its base.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I'm sorry but i don't rate that foster building (if that's the one thats going to be build).

That rending of it just looks too plain jayne, I haven't seen a detailed rendering, but surely the city deserves better than this. The Willis building is adventous while not being too outlandish, but this looks like a grey box. And the garden on the top just looks daft.

Please build something more architectually challenging there!

·
Registered
225 Posts
The application for the 100m tower was withdrawn, and they have renewed consent for a less-drastic redevelopment, but my guess is they're just refurbing while longer term redevelopment options are drawn up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts